Sunday, February 2, 2025

Sunday Notes

  • The focus on spiritual things on a Sunday, especially Fast Sunday, brings such joy and peace and contentment. The task of each other day of the week is to focus on the Savior enough to feel that same sense of joy and freedom. 
  • An affirmation to use in coming weeks: I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I have covenanted to take His name upon me; how will that make me behave today? 
  • Read talk "Covenant Confidence" this week. 
  • Satan wants me to walk through life with my head hung low. He wants me to doubt myself, to feel shame and humiliation for choices in my life or things that I've said to people. He wants to bring me low so that I don't have any desires to do good in this world. God and Jesus Christ, on the other hand, want me to lift up my head and rejoice! They want me to act like the queen I am destined to become through Jesus Christ. They want me to lift up my head, not in pride, but in confidence and joy. They know that if I feel good, I'm more likely to go to work to glorify Their names. I'm more likely to serve in my calling. I'm more likely to repent and to make efforts to improve myself. I'm more likely to be a better mom and wife and friend. I'm more likely to reach out. I need to recognize and see more clearly when Satan is tempting me and lying about me, so that I can turn to Jesus, and He will lead and heal me. 
  • How can I come to know the Savior better and be closer to Him so that I believe Him and believe that He can save me? 
  • It is okay to kneel in prayer and say to God, "Lord, help me to believe. I do want to believe." 
  • Read Sister Yee's liahona message, about the anxiously engaged.  

No comments:

Post a Comment