Friday, February 28, 2025

YESTERDAY

It's been a good day. I've felt happy. I was a little tired after I woke up this morning (going on too little sleep). But after my workout and shower, I felt better. 

Today's affirmation: ... actually, I haven't really used one today. Just trying to remember that God loves me. During my scripture study this morning, I read section 18, about how the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. I had underlined all the mentions of repentance (of which there are several) and noted that repentance and the Atonement of Jesus Christ is evidence of how God feels about His children. 

One of my favorite parts of the day: playing with Sawyer in the basement. He had made all these really cool looking vehicles out of Lego. We got these build books from the library, and the boys are so good at looking at the diagrams and building things out of Lego. 

A thought I had in the temple this afternoon: it's no secret that I have struggled with my Relief Society president calling. It's been hard, mainly emotionally, and also mentally. But I can emulate Jesus by submitting my will to the Father. "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done." I don't want to be Relief Society president. There. I said it. But just because I don't want to do it, doesn't mean I won't. I need to submit my will and do it anyway. And do my best. And change my attitude. 😆 Like Jesus did. 

TODAY

Been a regular day. Sawyer played with his friend Dax for a lot of the morning. First at our house, then at his. And I was able to get some things done. I also went to meet with a counselor at the middle school about having Brooke take a couple of classes there while she homeschools. So, we're getting that figured out. 

Favorite thing: went to Camille's 4th grade Utah program. It was absolutely adorable! I loved it! They sang a bunch of Utah themed songs, and a handful of kids took turns and got up to give some little tidbit about Utah or Utah history. They had a slide show at the end that had each kid's picture, a picture of the kid somewhere in Utah. This is the picture we sent in: 


The little cutie! 

Why I love my husband: he's not awkward around my friends. Last night I had some friends over to watch an episode of Pride and Prejudice, and he sat down and watched it with us and made funny comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment