Sunday, February 23, 2025

Sunday Notes

  • Pondering question/affirmation for this week: How can I follow Jesus today? How can I strengthen my dedication to Him? 
  • Might be worth while to start studying in Preach My Gospel; particularly the attributes of Christ -- focusing on compassion
  • Why am I in this calling right now? What can I focus on? What do I have to offer the women in Relief Society and the ward? What gifts can I ask to develop? What gifts do I already possess that can help me? 
  • Teach lessons about baptism and covenants -- prior to Jack getting baptized
  • Pray specifically for power because of my covenants; I can call upon blessings from heaven because I keep my covenants -- think of my patriarchal blessing and the promise I have if I live righteously
Relief Society lesson notes: 

From three talks: 

"Welcome to the Church of Joy"
"God's favorite"
"The Lord Jesus Christ Will Come Again"

Coming to this ward, some of our sisters have felt such welcome and just embraced into our ward. ❤️ I love this so much. 

Strength and joy in unity! Such a blessing to know we have each other, and what a joy it is to have a support system, during hard and good times

Amanda Howells' trick - asking the question "how is this Satan's plan?" When you see things happening in the world or directly around us or in our lives. "How is this Satan's plan?" Satan is just a jerk! 😆 He just wants us to be miserable and drag us down. The only power he has is the power we give him. We know the end from the beginning. So we don't have to fall for his tricks.

The Lord's message: "My hands are stretched out still" -- no matter what

Jesus had power over death, so He has supreme power over all!

This life is the beginning, life doesn't end with death, we have potential eternally, Heavenly Father is not passive in our lives, He is pursuing us, he loves us eternally and knows what we are capable of, we are important and progressing and have potential

If you don't know who you are, ask Heavenly Father. How do you feel about me? 

How have you found joy in the church and in the gospel? How can you increase your own joy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment