Lowlight: Family home evening. It was extremely painful tonight. I prepared a real lesson and everything, with visual aids and scriptures handed out for children to read. I was using a lesson plan from an fhe book I sometimes use. It was a great lesson! Buuuut... the kids talked sooo much. And when they gave answers to questions, they were so drawn out and long. My patience was very much tested. The lesson, which should have only taken about 20 minutes, was almost double that! And not only were they talking too much, Sawyer was playing on the side and being so loud, and Brooke was playing with the dog and Daniel was trying to train him at the same time. It was so much for my brain to handle. It was super hard to stay on track. And I ended my lesson pretty emotionally drained.
Highlight: I dunno. Feeling a little down and drained tonight. Probably playing with Sawyer was my highlight. Also that I got some food prepping done today. I also had a friend come over with her son to play (not a good friend, a sister in my ward that I don't know very well), but she kind of unloaded on me, which is fine, but probably couldn't be considered a highlight.
Grateful for an abundance of good food.
I love my husband because he's supportive.
No comments:
Post a Comment