God is definitely aware of us and His hand is in our lives. So yesterday, in the morning, I prayed to know who I should reach out to, and I got kind of a soft prompt that maybe Jenny Torres needed something. And I kind of pushed a little further in my prayer and asked, "What might Jenny need today?" I kind of landed on making banana bread (I had some bananas begging to be made into bread anyway) and just going to drop it by her house.
I went about my day, remembered to make banana bread and invite Sawyer to make it with me, and planned to go in the evening before my Pride and Prejudice date I had with my friends. I went around 730pm to Jenny's house with the intention to drop off the banana bread, chat for a few minutes and then leave. But as I was invited into her house and sat down to talk, I realized she needed a little longer of a visit. She talked about how difficult this past year has been for her, but how she's seen so many blessings and miracles from God. It was a really cool conversation, and I really don't know if I needed it or she did.
Needless to say, I was over an hour late to Pride and Prejudice. I felt really bad, but my friends were all lovely and understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment