Saturday, February 15, 2025

Valentine's Day

It was an odd day, definitely out of my routine. But the fact that it was a fun holiday made it okay. Daniel got home super late last night, because the snow storm caused all kinds of traffic everywhere yesterday, and he just figured he'd stay and work late instead of sit in traffic for 2 hours. But late an night, before he got home, Drew called and asked if he could spend the night at our house so he didn't have to drive hours to get to his apartment in the snow and traffic. So then, in the morning, he was kind of hanging around while I was doing all my Valentine's day stuff. 

I got up and made breakfast burritos for breakfast for everyone. I had intended to give Daniel breakfast in bed, but he was already up and had made the bed by the time I got up there. He just brought the tray with his breakfast back down. 😂

After the kids and Daniel were off, I made a bunch of sugar cookies and frosting, and Sawyer and I went to a homeschool Valentine's Day party. Cookie decorating was my activity that I contributed. It was a very fun activity, so many little homeschool kids and I got to hang out with some of my friends. My bigger kids were so sad that we were going to a party without them. Haha. And I was like, "Well, next year we'll be able to do stuff like this!"

Sawyer and I came home in time for lunch and having Dax over. His parents went on a Valentine's day date and they needed someone to watch him. He and Sawyer sort of had fun and didn't have fun with each other. It wasn't a smooth play date by any means. I mostly cleaned the wrecked kitchen while they played. It was awful after everything I did that morning. Then I got ready for my date with Daniel before picking up the kids from school.

We spent about 15 minutes or so finishing up delivering our Valentines neighbor gifts. I decided to do cookie jars. It felt like less work at the beginning... but then it was still a decent amount of time dedicated to it. 😂 Ah, well. It still turned out fun and cute. 

Daniel took me to Tsunami for an early dinner. He made a reservation, but the only time they had avaliable was 5pm. He said it was the first time he'd ever made a dinner reservation! I was shocked. Especially since we've been together so long, I figured he's done it at least once before. It was a delightful dinner. We finished super early, though, and didn't want to go home yet. So we parked and made out for a while before going home to the kids. It was actually quite lovely, because it started raining pretty hard while we were kissing in the car, and we were inside, warm and cozy and kissing. 🥰 It felt so good. And I felt so loved and so much love for Daniel. And when he finally said, "Should we go home?" I don't know why, but it just melted me, again, like the other day. And I thought, "I have a home with this wonderful man. I get to go home with him." ❤️ The whole experience was incredible. 

Reason I love my husband: I feel completely safe with him when we are intimate. I never feel shamed or made to feel bad about myself. He's so sweet and gentle. 

We had our family Valentine's dinner tonight. I spent a few hours in the kitchen to never chicken tetrazzini, salad, heart shaped breadsticks, and chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling juice. I think the kids loved all of it (except the salad), but the chocolate strawberries were the major hit. We decorated the table with the roses Daniel bought me and some candles. The kids loved it. Brooke said, "We should do flowers and candles on the table every night." Maybe I should for a little while. Make dinnertime a little special. My poor little Sawyer has been not feeling well all day today, so he didn't really participate in our dinner. He mostly laid on the couch while we had dinner. Poor little man. 

Reason I love my husband: he's the most handsomest. 

Reason I love my husband: he wishes he could sing so he could sing love songs to me. 😍 

No comments:

Post a Comment