Saturday, May 28, 2022

Today: Camille's last soccer game (they lost - poor little things, I think they only won one game of this season), it was cold and windy, and Camille was a bit of a dreamer on the field, not really paying attention to the game much (that's pretty normal... she doesn't seem to care much about the game), and they were missing about 3 or 4 players, so they had to play the whole game. She still seemed to have fun and was pretty happy at the end. We took the team's picture last weekend, when more of the girls were playing. 



After showering and getting ready, I laid down in bed to read a conference talk and promptly dozed off. I don't know why I was so tired. I got more than 8 hours of sleep last night. But after I woke up and spent some time catching up on my journal, Sawyer came upstairs and found me. We just played together, just the two of us, for quite a while in my room. He came and laid with me in bed, and I tickled him, and then he pretended he was leaving and shut the door, and I opened it and roared at him, and he giggled and fell into my arms. And we played chase a little. And we played airplanes a little. It was so fun. And it was nice that none of the other kids came up wanting to interrupt our play or take it over. 




One thing I totally love about Brooke is her little tender heart. She often cried when we watch movies and TV shows. Last night, we watched Brave for the first time for family movie night, and often when I looked over at her, she had tears in her eyes. My sweet, sensitive, tender hearted girl. ❤️😭

Today, she took an old torn up pair of jeans (of hers) and cut them up and made a bag for herself. The little clever thing. I love how she's always just itching to create things. I should really help her learn some new creative skills. 

We went to the aquarium today as a family. The second time since we got the pass in January. 🙄 We had fun, though, and tried to see one thing each of the kids wanted to see: the Amazon jungle and sea anemones for Brooke, the penguins for Camille, and the sharks for Jack. Sawyer was just happy to see everything. And to touch the sea anemones in the touch pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment