Wednesday, May 18, 2022

 Just now, as Sawyer is walking upstairs, to get socks for himself, I called, "love you!" to him. And he called, "yuv you!" back to me! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I can't handle how excited my heart was and how it melted. πŸ’—

Speaking of him getting socks by himself: one day a few weeks ago, he wanted to get shoes on and I told him he needed socks. I didn't think he'd go get socks by himself, but he walked away and I gave him a minute before going to get them myself. But then he came back to me a couple minutes later with 2 pairs of socks. I was surprised and delighted. He was so cute, coming with his socks and wanting to put his shoes on. He's a smart little dude. 

Now, every time I ask him to go get socks, he always brings me 2 pair, and I always wondered about that until it hit me a few days ago: he doesn't know that each folded pair has 2 socks in it, but he does know that he has 2 feet and needs a sock for each foot! So he brings "2 socks" (but really, 2 pairs). 

He's just the cutest of little people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment