There's too much cuteness in my house. This week, Camille and I were doing dishes together after dinner, and she started asking me my favorite scripture stories. I had to think for a little bit because there are lots of scripture stories that I like and I don't think I have an absolute favorite. I told her I really love Martha, and I told the story of when Lazarus was raised from the dead. I told her a couple of other stories while were working together, and it was just such a great moment with her. I love Camille's curiosity. She asks such great questions about everything, and it's obvious that she really thinks about these things. She also says some pretty good, sincere prayers, and she seems to love the scriptures and scripture stories and scripture heroes more than the other kids. ❤️
I had the kids fill out some end of school year info sheets about themselves, and I helped Jack with his. But then I made him write his own name. I wrote it on a piece of paper and had him copy the letters himself. He did pretty well, and he had names for all the letters. Like, capital J was "upside down candy cane with a hat". Well, he cracked me up with this one: "This one is bear with underwear." (Capital H - I have no idea how an H looks like "bear with underwear"!π€£)
Sawyer was so cute at bedtime. He laid on bed with me and Jack to read a book, and he was so attentive to "Elbow Grease". Then he followed me into Jack's room and laid in Jack's bed while I put Jack to bed and sang to him. And he had to go get his blankie and Lamby to snuggle with while he lay there and listened to me sing. When I put him to bed after Jack, he needed a car and truck (the car and truck he was playing with just before bedtime) to come to bed with him, and he started playing with them as I was putting him up bed. He was so absorbed in his play, he barely noticed me obsessing over him, kissing him, pinching him, ruffling his hair; but when I asked for a kiss, he turned his head to kiss me. It was too much; my mom heart can't handle the sweetness and cuteness of this amazing little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment