1/16/21
Camille got super upset multiple times in a row today and went storming off to her room. She was arguing with Jack, bugging him on purpose, asking thin air for some food and water (I continually tell her she needs to make sure I can hear her before getting all upset that I don't do what she asks), etc. One time while she was up in her room, she drew a picture of how she doesn't fit in with the family. It was so sad and so hilarious all at once. And she sulked for a while after bringing it to me. Brooke was cute, trying to get her to cheer up, though, and Camille would have none of it.
Jack put a kiwi in his underwear this afternoon. π€£π€·π½♀️ Now no one will eat it. He also put it in the bath with him.
Brooke was so sweet and made us all breakfast this morning. Chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and grape juice. Sweet little thing.
This afternoon, we told Camille that she's going to have to take growth hormone shots every day. Daniel did most of the talking. But she handled it much better than I thought she would. She cried and jumped to the worst conclusion, as is her way ("Am I going to have to get shots every day for the rest of my life?!?" Asked with many tears and a horrified look on her face). But we explained that it's only until she's a teenager, that she'll get used to it, and that the needle isn't big and it won't hurt that much. She asked some more questions, and Daniel showed her some videos of kids doing the shots themselves, and I think she felt a lot better after that.
Camille also lost her first tooth today! Her 2 middle bottom teeth have been loose for a number of weeks already, but she's been so nervous about losing them that she hasn't wiggled them at all. Today, she was absent-mindedly wiggling one of them and it came out in her hand. It was a very exciting moment. She drew a cute little card for the tooth fairy to put under pillow. I just die from cuteness!!
Tonight we went on a double date with mom and dad Holbrook. We had the babysitter come a little early so we could run some errands and shop without the kids, and then we meet mom and dad at red fuego (Peruvian restaurant) for dinner. It was so nice.
Thankful today for a camera that lets me spy on my baby when he's sleeping (or at least when he should be sleeping).
1/17/21
Daniel and I gave talks in church today about the importance of individual, couple, and family scripture study and prayer. I think it went well. Jack had a bit of a fit towards the end of Daniel's talk and I had to leave the kids to take him out. So it goes.
We met with the stake president today. Daniel is being called to be the Elder's Quorum President in our ward. Last night, when we got the text about meeting with the SP today, we both of us put out reasons why the new calling was for the other person. I won. π€£π
Sawyer took a 3 hour nap this afternoon, and woke up much happier than he's been lately. Poor little man has had a runny nose the past couple of days, so we think he might not be feeling good.
He started scooting around this week! Not really crawling or even army crawling. Mainly he shifts his little body around a bunch and pulls with his arms to move himself forward and wherever he wants to go. I love it! And also it makes me sad. He's getting older.
He also really seems to like food. I've tried baby food with him and he doesn't really love it. He seems to actually really hate it. But he LOVES normal food. I just give him the soft things of whatever I make for dinner, and he gobbles it up. And he never seems to be done. If I keep giving him food, he'll keep taking bites of it. I usually take him to bed before it seems like he's really done eating.
He has been taking less in his bottles, too. And nursing for less time. We may be done nursing sooner than I want. π
Today I'm thankful that Jack had NO ACCIDENTS -- neither wet nor poopy. And he went poop in the toilet without me having to prompt him! Also. No accidents yesterday either. ππΌππΌ It's going much better than I thought it would.





No comments:
Post a Comment