Had a number of mom fails today. I forced Camille to do her growth hormone shot by myself tonight, and it was traumatic. For both of us. She screamed, and afterwards I noticed some burst blood cells in her face, underneath her eyes.
I made Brooke feel bad, when she'd already had a hard day. I went on and on about how little time I have as a mother, trying to help her understand something we disagreed about. But in the end I think made her feel like a burden. She then told me about her hard day at school and some of the things she worries about. We made up and had some good bonding time. I wish it didn't come at that cost, though.
Jack wouldn't go to sleep tonight after I put him to bed and I got pretty angry at him.
It's the first week of the month, which means Daniel's working late every night. Which means I fly solo at bedtime. Which makes me cranky because it takes so long and each kid makes it difficult in their own way.
Tired. Not getting enough sleep. Been waking up early to workout and read scriptures. Which I love, because I can do it alone and not be interrupted by kids. But not going to be early enough for that. Been getting stress headaches.
Had a short break in the middle of the day, after putting Sawyer down. But kids found me after approximately 5 minutes. 😩
Love my kids. Love them so hard. But last 2 days, it's been hard finding the joy. Probably more to do with sleep than anything else.
Jack is fully potty trained!!! 🎉🎉🎉
Sawyer cut top 2 teeth. He's been a little cranky too.
Played games with Camille for a while this afternoon for the win. It was fun to hang out with her.

No comments:
Post a Comment