Thursday, January 14, 2021

 This morning -- slept in (because Sawyer woke up at 6am; I fed him and put him back in bed); fed Sawyer and got the girls off to school; read scriptures/did preliminary preparation for a talk; tidied my room and made my bed and brushed my teeth and got dressed; put away laundry; stripped beds and washed sheets and put on clean sheets; cleaned the kids bathroom upstairs; tidied the upstairs; tried a couple times to get Sawyer to take a nap (was unsuccessful); made myself a smoothie and bottle fed Sawyer; played downstairs with the boys and wrote in my journal before having to go get Camille from the bus stop; bus was early, so friend walked her halfway home and she was irritated they wouldn't let her go on her own; got the kids lunch; read while they ate; put a spaghetti squash in the oven for dinner. 

All before 1pm.

Just to note how busy I am these days, how much I'm trying to get done all the time. I hate the phrase "I'm busy" or "too busy". It feels like you're putting some kind of badge of honor a trophy on yourself. And I've never been busy before, as a stay at home mom. I mean, sure, I've had busy moments, busy weeks, newborn busy times. But since having Sawyer, I am BUSY all the time. It's rare that I have a moment when I say to myself, "huh. I don't have anything I'd planned to be doing right now... what could I do with this time?" Normally it's a list a mile long -- this, then this, then that, and then that -- in my head that I work towards getting done. It's exhausting. 

Camille and I played games and drank hot chocolate in the basement for mommy time today. And Brooke and I danced in the dining room to lively music. It was fun to hang out with my girls. 

Camille has been doing so well with family economy this week! We switched zone chores in Saturday, and she's doing basement, and she's done it almost every day this week. I'm very proud of her. Brooke's done very well this week, too. But she's always been more consistent. 

Jack earned BOTH of his cars today! ... by pooping in he toilet twice (with much encouragement from Camille... I think she wanted him to earn them so they could play with them together). But that didn't stop him from soiling (read: pooping little skids that require wiping) 3 pairs of underwear. 🙄 

No comments:

Post a Comment