Sunday, January 10, 2021

 The last few days:

  • Jack has been doing well with his potty training; he's only had a few accidents (most of them today). But ... he hasn't pooped since Wednesday. 😬
  • I filmed and edited a video for primary singing time, and it was very painful. Not because the process itself was difficult. Buuuuut editing the video and having to watch myself over and over and over again ... that was the painful part. And the video ended up so much more boring than I was hoping. I'm going to have to up my video making game for March. Toree Douglas has singing time for next month -- we are just doing one video a month for primary this year. For the foreseeable future. I had Camille be my little helper in the video, and she was for sure the best part. She was adorable, and so excited and willing to help me with it. The little cutie.
  • Daniel worked crazy hours this week, and often came home after I was already asleep. We barely saw each other this week, mainly just in passing, like in the morning, when I'm taking care of the kids and trying to get the girls off to school and he was getting ready and going to work. It was sad.
  • Since I've been flying solo with everything this week, I've been getting to bed way later than I'd wanted to. I would love to try and be in bed by 10:30 or earlier every night. But by the time I get the kids in bed, and then have to clean up the house -- by the time all that's done, I want to relax and do something else, and then I'm going to bed too late. Well, this is a new week. I'll try again.
  • Daniel and I went on a date Friday night. Like, a real date! We went to dinner at Zupa's and saw a movie. In the movie theater! Can't remember the last time we had a real date like that, with dinner and an activity of sorts. We saw Wonder Woman, and it was a fine movie. But it was more the act of getting out and doing something together. We went to bed way too late that night, staying up and talking. And it was perfect.
  • I changed up kid chores at our family meeting on Saturday. We'll see how it goes, but Camille's zone is now basement, and Brooke is doing the downstairs bathroom. Also, I changed dinner-time chores. We're going to start clearing our own places, so that Camille is in charge of clearing and wiping down the table, and Brooke is going to put dishes in the dishwasher. It was time to mix things up. The girls were starting to get tired of their assigned chores. 
  • Jack drew his first real piece of art this week. Actually, 2 drawings! Little potato people! My favorite! One was a picture of him and me and the toilet (potty training, you know). I can't remember off the top of my head the other picture, but you know I'm going to keep both of them forever and ever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment