They were both standing in the shower, wet, soapy and shivering without the water on because it was cold. I told them either way, cold water or hot, they had to get cleaned up and rinsed off.
Brooke went first, washing up and I pulled down the shower sprayer to rinse her off. She screamed and cried and exclaimed about how cold it was. And I was barely able to keep from laughing. I was chuckling to myself, quiet enough that she couldn't hear. She hated every second of that cold shower, poor thing. And there I was, laughing. Mom of the year award over here, please! And cute Camille was trying to help Brooke feel better: "Brooke, pretend you're a dolphin! Dolphins swim in cold water!"
Camille went next and she took it like a tough girl. She was much less noisy compared to Brooke. She just kind of shivered and groaned to herself and complained about how cold it was. And again, I could barely contain my laughter. 🤣 I was absolutely dying about it. The water was really cold, so I felt bad. They were miserable. But it was so funny!
They both complained about being freezing after that shower. They wanted big towels to dry off, and they both requested hot chocolate for dinner, which I gladly did for them.
Sawyer was cracking me up too. After I got him out of the bath, I sat him on his towel and wrapped him up before going to get the bath going for Jack again. Daniel called me right then, so I answered and chatted with him for a minute. I heard Sawyer screaming in the background, and when I turned around to look, this is what I saw:
He'd rolled over, but his head got stuck in the hood of the towel! 🤣🤣 Poor thing! And I laughed and snapped a few pictures before I helped him out of that. He was NOT happy.
Jack, Sawyer and I went shopping while the girls were in gymnastics this afternoon. We had to be real quick, because they're only there for an hour. And we were real quick! We got done with 15 minutes to spare! I bought a couple of vehicle toys for Jack as incentive (read: bribery) for going poop in the toilet. It's been difficult to train him to poop in the toilet. A story for another day.
I wish I could remember the other funny and heart warming things that happened today. But by the end of the day, after taking care of kids and household, shopping and running the kids places, I'm so tired and out of energy that I can barely think anymore. Someday, when I have a perfect resurrected body and mind, I'll be able to remember these things. For now, maybe it's enough to know that they happened.

No comments:
Post a Comment