Friday, January 15, 2021

 A few moments from today: 

Jack has preschool this morning to make up for preschool being canceled on Wednesday, and Melissa (who was hosting today) said that he did so well and participated -- not his usual thing. 

This evening, I put our family dance playlist on while I made dinner. The song "what makes you beautiful" came on, and after a minute of it playing, Camille ran over to me in the kitchen and started singing it to me. 😍 "you don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful!" (In contrast to Jack telling me earlier this week that he doesn't like my face. 🤣) She loves that song, and asked Alexa to play it a couple of times in a row. 

Looking over at my kids tonight, while I was busy making dinner -- Brooke and Camille drawing at the table, Camille dancing to music, Sawyer in his high chair making cute baby babbling noises, and Jack dancing and playing with his trucks -- I legitimately started crying because I was so happy. I'm so happy to be a mom, and to have such wonderful, cute little kids. It's a good, happy life I lead. 

No poop accidents today. Just wet ones. 

We had a family movie night tonight and watched the new Pete's Dragon. Jack and Camille were only semi-interested in it. Their attention to the movie went in and out. But towards the end of the movie, they both just started playing and pretending they were dragons. Jack came up to me saying he was my dragon, and he went over and told Daniel that he was my dragon. 🥰 During the end credit song, the kids got up and danced and ran around pretending they were flying, and I could not get enough of Jack's little strutting and dancing. I was dying from his cuteness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment