November 9, 2009
Monday
I woke up this morning to work out at BYU’s gym. But when I got there, there were so many people that nothing was open. So I contented myself (bitterly) with doing free weights, working my upper half and then leaving. I spent all morning on campus (after coming home to get ready) studying for my biochemistry test. I’m taking it tomorrow, and I’m rather worried about how I’ll do, so I’ve been studying my tail off for the last two days.
Nothing too significant happened in class today. We are learning about the subjunctive in Spanish, and we are talking about the different situations when we have to judge between subjunctive and indicative. Biochemistry, we are being tested on glycolysis, the citric acid cycle, and oxidative phosphorylation, and today we got into break down of fatty acids. In Sociology, we are talking about inequality and social strata, and it’s really interesting. I like that class, because it’s making me think differently and it’s refreshing from all of my science. Pathophysiology moved on to diseases of the lungs. Such a happy class, that one!
After school, Daniel came to get me, and I started preparing a lesson for FHE. Dan had invited all the Mitchell cousins over for a family home evening with the cousins here. And he put me in charge of the lesson. I had thought last night that it might be good to do it on unity; I don’t know, the idea just popped into my head. I made up a little quiz that I thought would be hard in some parts for some of them and hard in other parts for others. I made questions geared towards each member of our group and had them do the quiz by themselves and then together to show that they accomplished so much more because they worked on it together. Then I gave a lesson based on a talk by President Eyring about unity. It was good. Hannah had the lesson afterwards, we played a game where we are given a word and each team thinks of a song with that word, back and forth, until one team can’t think of any anymore. The girls beat the boys! Hurray!
We had some delicious pumpkin cake that Stephanie made for us. It was SO good. And now, I’m just going to get ready for bed. I have to get up and study for an exam tomorrow. At this point, though, I just want to have done with it! And then I can start working on other things, start studying for other classes and finals, other exams and I can finish my independent study class. I got my scores back for the last two assignments that I turned in, and I got A’s on both of them! I was super-excited, because I’m doing way better in this class than I thought I would initially. I was afraid of failing the class because I was doing so poorly over the summer. Small victories are so rewarding.
Dan didn’t get an internship with either of the big firms that he interviewed with. I am kind of worried about him. He was so expecting it, and I was too. How could anyone NOT want Daniel to be working with them? How STUPID can those firms be, really? I just don’t understand it at all! He’s so amazing. So, we are trying to think of what we are going to do this summer and after graduation. Who knows. We’ll figure something out.
No comments:
Post a Comment