November 4, 2009
Wednesday
Well, I’ve been working pretty hard the last few days, mostly studying for my upcoming pathophysiology exam (that I’ll be taking tomorrow).On Monday, after Daniel and I got home from school, we made ourselves some delicious food, and then studied for a bit. I was really frustrated with school on Monday. Lately, I have been really looking forward to school being out so that I don’t have to spend all of my time studying (because I do spend A LOT of time studying). But then I feel guilty because I should be enjoying my time at BYU and learning so much. And feeling guilty about that just makes me frustrated. I think I’m just sick of studying so hard and not being able to do other things that I love to do. And I’m ready to start learning about things that I want to study. I’m just getting weary.
Anyway, Dan and I had a good time making food together that night. Later, we had FHE, just a short lesson (kind of) and we planned future FHE’s and assigned one of us to do lesson and the other to do activity, rotating weeks. Then we played a little skip-bo, in which I lost a lot. Good times. We got to bed pretty late, but I still got up to work out on Tuesday.
I’m really enjoying more and more working out in the mornings. It’s so much harder to find the motivation to go work out after the day is already almost over. I would much rather have it be the first part of my day. It just works out better that way for me. I find that I’m enjoying exercising so much lately, I don’t really want to miss days anymore.
Yesterday, after working out and taking Daniel to school, I got home and couldn’t study because of the squalor that our apartment was in. So I did dishes and tidied up the kitchen, did four loads of laundry, and cleaned up our bedroom (which was messy from the night before). After all of that, I felt like I could actually study. And that’s what I did, all the rest of that day. I did take 2 breaks, one for lunch, the other for dinner. But basically, I finished some biochemistry reading and studied for my patho exam.
I’m super-tired today. Dan and I haven’t been getting to bed early enough this week, and I’ve been getting up early to go to the gym and also to study. Today, it was hard to get through my classes without nodding off a bit. But I am proud of the fact that I stayed awake in all but my biochem class (which is hard to stay awake in anyway). I turned in my sociology paper and did my patho presentation (two things scratched off the list!). The presentation went well, although I think we may have been under the time requirement. O well.
Dan and I had guitar class tonight. Always a fun date. And pretty much we’ve just been studying.
Daniel tells me that I should write about how well I’m doing in my Spanish classes. I just got a 100% on my last lesson for independent study class, and I got my in-class exam for Spanish grammar back today and I got a 48/52, which, I think, is a solid A. Dan is really proud of me, and I’m pretty proud of myself. Considering how well I actually speak the language, I’m doing darn well in the classes for it.
I’m seriously considering not going to dental hygiene school, and doing personal training certification instead. Last night, Dan said that he thought it was a good idea to do personal training, that he felt good about it (not that he was pushing me in that direction, he just wanted me to know how he felt, which is always appreciated), and that dental hygiene left him feeling confused (me too), which is never a good sign. But after he told me that, I got really excited about doing personal training instead, which I never felt about dental hygiene. I think that must be a good sign that I should go in this new and different direction. Every time I think about possibly doing that, I get excited to start studying for it. It’ll give me a good excuse to buy certain books about health and fitness and to try different programs. The only downside to it is that it doesn’t pay very well in many parts of the country. There’s a huge range of pay for it, from about 25,000 to up to 80,000, just depending on where you work, who you work for, how many qualifications you have, and your skills in fitness (the variety of areas you can train for). We’ll just have to see what happens, but I really want to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment