Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 17, 2009

Tuesday

I am so tired right now…I really just need to go to bed.

I had kind of an interesting day today. I didn’t really get any homework done. I got up and did a short work out at home. Then, after taking Daniel to school, I cleaned up the house a bit, did the dishes, and got ready for the day. I left after that and didn’t come home for a while.

First, I went to the mall on a quest to find boots for the winter. It was kind of fun to wander around the mall and try on clothes and shoes. I got shanghaied at one point by some guy at a booth trying to sell me something, some nail kit. It was pretty impressive, but I wasn’t interested at all. He kept me there FOREVER trying to sell this thing to me, trying to convince me to buy it for presents for Christmas, lowering the price a few times, etc. It was pretty intense but I finally convinced him to let me go. I did eventually complete my quest, after I escaped. I got a couple of pairs of boots at Payless. They were having a sail, and one pair is more functional (and not super-cute), while the other is more fun. Anyway, the important thing is that I won’t freeze this winter!

After my mall experience, I went to my appointment at Utah Career College, to talk to an admissions advisor about their exercise and fitness program. It was actually pretty fun to go talk to him. He was really nice and personable; he showed me the school and explained the school’s program. I was there for a little over an hour. I am really interested in their bachelor’s program, but we’ll have to see about it. It’s actually really expensive!

I went grocery shopping after my appointment. It was about time. We have been out of fresh fruit and veggies for about 2 weeks now. I ran into Kathryn at the grocery store, which was funny. I parked right next to her car and left her a note before going into the grocery store. But I never saw her in the store. Then when I had finished filling the car and was about to leave, she knocked on my window. We talked for a long time, and she really seemed like she wanted to hang out and needed something to do. So, I picked up Daniel, we unloaded and put away groceries, and started making food. We had invited Cody for dinner before, and so we just invited Kat over for dinner (Mike couldn’t make it) as well. We had some really good marinated chicken, BLT potatoes, and some squash soup that Kat brought over. We had a lot of fun with them.

After they left, we did dishes and started studying; but I had a really hard time focusing, so mostly I started a few reading assignments, but didn’t get very far. I’ll have to do better the rest of this week. But for now, I’m really exhausted, and I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment