November 7, 2009
Saturday
I had to take a test on Thursday, and so I took Daniel to school and then studied all morning until my class (which, unknown to me, was cancelled) and then I took my test. I got a solid B on it, 85%. I wasn’t unhappy with it, but I wasn’t exactly happy either. At least it wasn’t a C like last test for pathophysiology. After my exam, I went to shadow Lindsey, the Dental Hygienist that I have been shadowing over the last couple of months. It was boring…I’m not going to lie. Dental Hygiene seems like a great profession, but with every passing day, I become more opposed to the idea of going to hygiene school. It’s not Lindsey’s fault, I just have gotten a little fed up with trying to figure out how to get into DH school, and I feel like I want to do something else now.
Anyway, after shadowing, I came home and studied a bunch and did a little housework (I think, if I remember right). Daniel and I had a fun date on Thursday night after I picked him up from school. We went shopping for groceries first (which wasn’t part of the date night), and then we went rollerblading when we got home, down the Provo River trail. We then went to the temple to do some iniciatories (cause they’re shorter…we often do iniciatories for that reason…we just have a lot to do cause we are in school) and stopped by the BYU Creamery on 9th for a little dinner (burgers and some delicious fries). It was fun.
Dan’s been working this weekend for the National Guard, so I’ve been at home studying most of the time. Last night, Kat and I went out for my birthday date. She took me to get ice cream at Coldstone and then we went to the dollar theater to see “Love Happens”, which was a really sad chic-flic type movie. But we liked it. When I got home, I watched a little Gilmore Girls while I looked up on the internet a bunch of stuff about Personal Training certifications and master’s degrees in exercise physiology. It just made me more confused! I could get a master’s degree in exercise physiology in about a year and a half after I graduate, which would definitely work well with our current plans. I could do some of the prerequisites over spring/summer or fall, and then start the program in the winter and be done by December. And then I would have such a greater chance of doing something I like to do and being hired, because I’d be that much more qualified. Anyway, the idea is very appealing to me, but we’ll just have to see.
I spent all day studying today, basically. I took breaks to watch a little TV when I couldn’t think anymore and to eat. Dan came home late tonight and we have just been studying and talking together. We need to go to bed now, though, because he has to get up early tomorrow for his training.
No comments:
Post a Comment