Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 8, 2009

Sunday

It’s been a nice Sunday for me. Dan was, of course, working today, so I got a ride to church from Liz (McMurtrey). She’s such a fun one! We talked about scrapbooking almost the entire way to church this morning. Apparently, she’s really into scrapbooking, too. She’s working on her wedding scrapbook.

Church was good today. The speakers in Sacrament Meeting talked a lot about coming closer to Heavenly Father, and I think it was something I needed to hear…always something we need to hear. Relief Society was good, too. I sat by a girl I’d never met before, and she’s really fun. She looks really familiar to me, though, like I’ve met her before, or known her from somewhere else. The lesson was about doing family history and forwarding the work of the Lord through temples and that sort of thing. After the lesson was over, I talked to a girl I’d met before, Corrie, about Dental Hygiene. She’s applying to schools right now, too, and we both have interviews at UCDH this Saturday. We’ll have to see how it goes.

Liz invited me to have lunch at her house after church today. I really wanted to take a look at her scrapbooks and all of her stuff. She rented a really cool machine for lettering, called the Cricket, and I want one now. It was fun!

I had Visiting Teaching right after that, to visit the girl I’ve never met, Sarah. She’s really cute and nice. We interrupted her nap, so we felt kind of bad, but we had a great lesson (by Kendra) and it was a nice visit. I have a lot more love and respect for Kendra now than I did when we first met. She just seems really diligent in the things we are supposed to do, and I looked at her family blog that she does, and they just seem like such a great family.

I got home and updated our own blog, and then took a longer-than-normal nap. I slept for 3 hours!!! Yikes!!! Then, Daniel was coming home, so I started cleaning up a little and doing the dishes. Now, after studying our scriptures, Dan’s making himself some food, I’m writing, and we are planning on doing something fun a little later.

When I was reading my scriptures a few minutes ago, I was preparing for next week’s lesson about doing family history and temple work and how important it is. The student study guide asked a bunch of questions about why it’s so important to keep a history and do temple work, and how we can go about these things better. And I was reading all these scriptures about keeping a record and thinking about why it’s so important. It’s important to me to let my children and grandchildren become acquainted with their mother and grandmother; and it’s a release for me sometimes to write. But also, it can be a tool for teaching, as we bear testimony or write down some of our spiritual impressions. And, we can use keeping a journal to aid us in doing family history work. Maybe…I should get on that. I don’t know. I’ve always been taught that keeping a journal is important, so I do. But sometimes, I’m not exactly sure why that is that we need to.

Lately, I feel as though I’ve been slacking off in the things that are most important, and I always blame it on not having enough time, or because I’m always studying, or whatever, and that it would be better after I graduate. But I was thinking today, that’s just a tricky tool of Satan, that it won’t get better after I graduate if I’m not doing well now, and that we are always busy, but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t make the time. I read the scriptures everyday…but I used to read much more in depth and for more time. And I find that I’m not thinking of heavenly things as I should. There is nothing more important than coming close to our Savior or taking care of ourselves spiritually, and I’m resolved to do better.

So, Dan and I started a blog a few months ago, and I’m kind of the one that takes it. But I’m really bad at it. The whole month of October went by without having done anything. And I look at other people’s blogs that are so much cuter than ours. I need to learn their tricks! It’s pretty fun, though. It doesn’t take very much time, and it’s like scrapbooking on line!

No comments:

Post a Comment