Thursday, July 30, 2015

New Job

Daniel got an official offer last week from Grant Thornton to work as an experienced staff member! After a year of researching and applying and interviewing, he finally landed something. I mean, I guess he's gotten other offers. But none of them seemed to be what he wanted. In fact, Grant Thornton offered him a job in December; but it was bad timing and he was hoping for something a little better, with a bigger firm. I'm not even going to approach that particular subject. I'm a little bitter with the bigger firms. One in particular, which kept making offers and promises that they didn't keep, that then put us in difficult situations.

ANYWAY ... I don't think either of us are particularly excited about this job change. Daniel wants to do it because he is hoping that it will lead to bigger and better opportunities. But it wasn't exactly what he wanted. It's a necessary evil to get where he wants to go. And I'm not particularly excited because he'll be commuting, working longer hours, and we won't see much of him. Also, he's not getting paid as well as he is with KKAJ. But I want to do it because I support and trust Daniel. And he does a wonderful job providing for us, so I should support and trust him. And I'm hoping (like he is) that it will be a good step towards a better future. It's kind of like we are still paying our dues here. And that's perfectly fine.

We're trying to be positive about it. It will be good. I think I've been struggling a bit lately, not because of Daniel's job or anything related. But ... I have been kind of lonely here, I think. I don't have any good friends here, I'm at home all day with my babies (which I LOVE, I really do), and I really miss my family. That trip to Medford when Daniel interviewed was good and bad. It gave me a little taste of what it could have been like, to live near my family. I think I've been a little out of sorts since then. We've lived in Southern California for 4 years, and I'm fine here. But ... I'm getting a little tired of it, too. I'm hoping we don't stay here for too much longer.

This next week, we'll be in Utah for the Holbrook Family Reunion. And when we get back, Daniel will work hard at KKAJ for a few more weeks and then switch over to the new job. At that point, I don't really know how life will change for us. It's very likely that we will rent out our house and find an apartment closer to the city, which I'm not excited about. We may move back to Burbank. But we'll have to see. It might be really good. And I certainly need to change my attitude. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment