*9 months old! I keep telling her to stop getting older. She doesn't listen. Love my Petite Princess!*
*I'm so obsessed with these toes!*
*She has started pulling herself up to her feet! She's too little for that! It's too much!*
*Delicious little girl messy bun. So cute!*
- Camille is still such a little thing. Only 14 pounds, according to our bathroom scale. But she's army crawling like a champ, starting to pull herself up to standing, and crawling out of her high chair. She's a move, that one.
- Camille still seems to love nursing. I have us down to: in the morning, right after she wakes up; twice for naptimes; and once right before she goes down for the night. It is funny, though, how upset she gets when we don't nurse in the morning. One morning this week, I went for my run and she woke up while I was gone. Daniel got her up and fed her some cereal for breakfast. But he said that she was fussy and grumpy and kept saying "Mamma!" (!) while I was gone. When I got back, I nursed her and she seemed fine after that. She really needs that morning nursing, a little time with Mamma. And I love it too. She has developed a few bad habits when it comes to nursing, and I'm sore again. I've tossed around the idea of stopping nursing early. But I'm not sure she'll be okay with that. :)
- Camille loves to hang out with everyone, and she especially loves her Mamma. When the girls are upstairs playing and I'm downstairs cleaning or cooking, I often hear Brooke yell down, "Mamma! Camille's coming down to you!", at which point I run up the stairs to keep her from falling down the stairs. Good little helper, Brooke! It's nice having her help with Camille.
- Camille loves her sister. She likes to play in the loft and crawl around, following Brooke around and watching her and giggling at her. I love how my girls love each other. Brooke is always asking about Camille. When she wakes up from her nap, the first thing she says is, "Is Camille awake?" She just wants to play with Camille all the time. I hope this sticks!
- Brooke is such a social butterfly. Last week, she played at Lucy's house 2 days in a row while Allison Leishman and I did Relief Society visits. And she loved it. This week, she has played with Daisee Mapp and Thor. Little kids love playing with her. I think it's a gift of hers. Kids of all ages just love her and want to play with her. Even Thor, who is the wildest, most out-of-control kid I know, is so gentle with her and loves to play with her. It's so sweet.
- Brooke loves watching tv. I try to limit tv time with her (it's hard, and I don't always succeed), but I let her watch during Camille's morning nap. She is really into Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood right now, and I make her watch an episode of Little Einsteins, too, because it's more educational. We always read a few books before tv time. She hasn't been as into reading lately. I hope it's not because of the tv. I think she's just bored with our books. We need to get some new ones. Brooke has also really liked taking care of Dolly, building things with duplo blocks, and dressing up. She has little plastic princess shoes that she likes to wear. She puts them on and bounces around the house in them. It's too cute.
- Brooke has loved singing lately. She's been learning songs that I've sung to her. She'll sing songs that she doesn't know very well, which ends up being really funny, because she'll just sing the words she knows. Lately it's been Stars Were Gleaming. She loves I Am a Child of God, Twinkle, Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam, the Witch Song, and the ABC Song. Whenever I'm putting Camille down, after I'm done nursing her, Brooke will listen for the time to come in and sing with us. She comes in, asks, "Mom, can I sing with you?" and then comes and picks songs for Camille, usually songs that she knows. I love it!
- The other day, when I was making Pizza Monkey Bread for dinner, Brooke pulled a chair up to "help", as she usually does. I put on an episode of Sophia the 1st, and she watched and snitched the cheese. She said, "I love cheese!" so emphatically, it made me laugh.




No comments:
Post a Comment