Brooke is just about the cutest ever! She's such a charming, sweet little thing. It's fun to watch her imitate me. She really loves to help me sometimes, especially when it comes to taking care of Camille. Almost every time I am feeding Camille, Brooke asks if she can feed Camille. And she does a pretty good job, for the most part. It's very helpful, too. One day last week, I was working to get dinner on the table, but I also needed to feed Camille so that she could go to bed. Brooke said she wanted to feed her, so I let her and kept working on dinner. It was awesome! She's such a good helper.
I do sometimes have to remind her that ... I am the mamma, though. :)
It's fun, too, when Brooke joins me when I'm working on dinner. She takes the scraps that I'm not using and makes her own dinner. Mostly, they just end up in a bowl filled with water, or even in the sink. But I like having her company in the kitchen.
These last couple of weeks have been, ya know, not too exciting. I've taken the girls to the pool a few days, which they love. We went to the pool as a family, too, on Saturday, after all of our other stuff was out of the way.
Last Friday, we had our neighbors, the Antwis, over for dinner with their 2 little girls. I made us some delicious Quinoa Casserole and salad. It was really nice having them over. I've been feeling like we need to do more things with them, and invite them to church and things. They are a really nice family, but we'll see if they are ready to hear about the gospel.
I bought Daniel a little present last week: the 4th season of Scarecrow and Mrs. King! We've been watching it a bunch since it came Friday night. I love how nerdy we are. We aren't super into current, modern tv shows. I have a few that I like, but for the most part, they're pretty trashy. So we don't watch them. We are into the old, and much more clean, tv shows, from the 70s and 80s: Scarecrow and Mrs. King; Murder, She Wrote; Columbo. They're epic, really. And much easier to watch.
So. This week my running buddy, Heather Delhoyo, and I finish our current running schedule. The purpose of this schedule was to get us running and build up our fitness and endurance, and just to get us into the habit of running. After this week, we'll need to start training in earnest for our half marathon. She wants to run one in November! I am not so sure we'll be ready by then, if we plan to finish it running. But I think we should give it a go! And besides. I made it a goal to run a half marathon before we get pregnant again, so I need to get going! My longest run will be tomorrow. 1 hour! I'm a little nervous; but then, I think about my Monday run, which was 55 minutes. I can do 5 more minutes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment