Monday, June 30, 2025

We had a fun weekend. Camille had her last swim lesson on Friday, and Brooke went to art lessons with Tenille while we were gone. When we got home, we had a Mommy lesson about phones and technology and how they are just tools, and how they can be used for good or bad, based on the intent of the person using them. I also showed them what I use my phone for, the good and the not so good. And then we read our book. I had the kids tidy up while I made dinner, and then we had a family movie night watching Iron Will, which got mixed reviews from the kids. 😂 They thought it was too intense. That seems to be the trend whenever I show the kids a beloved movie from my childhood. 

I took Jack up the mountain Saturday morning to take photos. He turned 8 in April, so it's his year to do pictures. We went up to the nature walk up American Fork canyon, where Brooke and I went to take some pictures in the fall. We just did some on the bridge and the stairs and part of the trail. I think it went well, though I haven't looked through the pictures yet. We had fun, though. We finished dinner than I thought we would, and afterwards, we went to get some Chick-fil-A for breakfast and took it back to the park to eat. Jack LOVED our mommy date. He kept talking about how fun it was and how good his sandwich was. It was adorable. 

On Saturday evening, after a day of running errands and doing chores, we set up the tent and built a fire after dinner to do a backyard campout. One of the things on our summer bucket list was having a bubble contest, which we've been trying to make happen for a couple of weeks. So after dinner, I pulled out our bubble gum that I'd bought and we had a bubble blowing contest. We blew some real whoppers, and had a lot of fun just sitting around the table blowing bubbles. 






We roasted marshmallows over the fire and had s'mores, we read our book out in the backyard, and laid in the tent when it started getting dark. It was a lovely night, if a little hot, for backyard camping. I didn't sleep in the tent with them. Daniel and I went back up to the house after the kids were put to bed in the tent to shower and get ready for bed, and then Daniel went back to the tent to sleep with the kids. 😂

Yesterday evening, after church and a whole day of meetings and visits for me where I hardly saw my family at all, we had the Davises over for dinner. We did a Summer Dinner -- grilled chicken and corn on the cob, chopped melon and pineapple, salad, roasted potatoes, dinner rolls and dessert. It was a veritable feast, and so so delicious. Kimberly brought some of the stuff for our feast. It was fun getting together with them. 

Summer is just the best, with the late nights and playing outside so long. And the good food. We're having a fun summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment