Tuesday, July 1, 2025

Yesterday's highlight: watching Sawyer start swim lessons. He was very excited, but quickly became very nervous. I was glad that our swim teacher was firm with him when he didn't want to cooperate. But it was pretty cute, just the same. 

Other highlight from yesterday: we had a family home evening lesson about how it's okay and good to ask gospel questions. Joseph Smith asked a lot of questions that led to some pretty cool revelations. But I taught the kids that it's important to go to the proper sources when you have questions or doubts. We did a little explanation of the scriptures -- what the books consist of, the study helps at the end of the books of scripture, and how footnotes work, etc. The kids were pretty engaged and I think they enjoyed learning that stuff. It wasn't my own idea, really. I mean, I've had the idea before, and I think we had a lesson introducing scripture for the girls after Camille got her own set of scriptures. But it was cool how the inspiration just came yesterday. I was driving the boys home from swim lessons, and I was just thinking about what I should prepare for a lesson, knowing I wouldn't have a ton of time to prepare, and this lesson idea just popped into my head, along with explanations and questions to get them thinking. It was pretty cool. I feel like the Spirit was guiding me there. 

Today's highlight: we went on a hike with Sammy and her kids. Last week, Cap sent me a Marco polo inviting us to go on a hike with them, but we couldn't go that day. It was very cute that he asked us. So we made a plan to go this week. We did the Battle Creek Falls trail in Pleasant Grove, and we hiked about a half mile up to the first fall and stopped to play for a while. The kids loved playing in the stream while Sammy and I just sat and chatted. It was a nice hike, and we did a lot of imagining on our way up and back from the falls. I was trying to take the Fernandez' kids minds off of the hike and complaining. And we had fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment