Monday, January 27, 2025

Today's affirmation: God loves me. I am His child. 

Why I love my husband: he apologizes. 

What I'm grateful for: the beautiful sunset tonight, with pale pastel colors against the mountains. 

Highlight: a great family home evening. We talked about the two great commandments, and then we did an activity where we thought of commandments and put them into a category: love God, love neighbors, or both. The kids were really engaged and we had a great discussion about the commandments and loving God and people. I kept my cool, which is maybe the biggest miracle of the evening. 😆 Then, Brooke was in charge of activity and she had us each draw our own island and then we presented them to each other. It was fun! And so fun to see each other's creativity. 

Also, had my weekly chat with mom. It's been so good for our relationship to call her every week. I've started doing it on the way to pick the kids up from school. It's the perfect time to chat for a bit. 

Lowlight: I didn't keep to my sugar goal (only sugar on the weekends). And I also ate more animal products than I wanted. Also didn't play piano, and I'm trying to make that more of a habit. 

Also, didn't get as much as I wanted to done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment