With this new year, and me thinking about goals and little ways I want to change my life, I'm also thinking about journaling a little differently this year. If I want to start some new habits, and end my day with a little journaling, I have to do things a bit differently. No one really wants a travel-log of the day. That's boring to read. And my days tend to be mostly a lot of the same: workout, read, play with kids, make food, do laundry, clean house, have meetings, do some social things now and then, take kids to activities... you get the picture. Not much changes.
So, with all that in mind, I'm thinking of doing, like, a daily affirmation, scripture read, highlight, lowlight, something I'm grateful for, something that tickled me, my favorite thing that day, one thing that Happened, something I learned about, why I love my husband/ kids, etc. Just little notes about the day, instead of everything I did. That won't take as long to do, I'm hoping, if I just have little notes. And ideally, I'll be writing then throughout the day.
So, here goes. My first different day:
Today's affirmation:... I didn't think of a good affirmation for today... I might need to do a bit of research. But I did find this on the internet about affirmations:
An affirmation is a positive statement that can help people deal with negative feelings, thoughts, and situations. Affirmations are often used to replace negative self-talk with positive statements.
How affirmations work
Neuroplasticity: The brain's ability to adapt to new situations
Neural pathways: Positive affirmations increase the neural pathways in the brain, which can make thoughts and beliefs more automatic and frequent
Reward centers: Affirmations activate the brain's reward centers, which can help create, reshape, and strengthen neural pathways
How to use affirmations
Write them down on sticky notes and put them on your mirror
Use the notes app on your phone for on-the-go encouragement
Memorize your favorites and recite them when you're feeling uncertain
Start each morning by reciting affirmations
Examples of affirmations "I am capable of learning and improving, "I am hopeful, "I am healing, and "I am happy.
Affirmations can be a free and flexible way to boost your self-esteem and improve your overall well-being.
Something that happened today: we went to breakfast at ihop. Daniel got home from his work trip to San Jose last night, and on our way home from the airport, he said, "should we go to breakfast tomorrow morning?" Camille wasn't happy that we made plans, because she had plans to make us a special breakfast. But she was out voted by everyone else. Breakfast was delish, and we all must have been hungry, because we ate just about everything that came to the table. 😆 Later, in the early afternoon, Camille and Brooke did their special meal for us -- a tea with snacks. I was still full from breakfast, haha, so it was the perfect light snack with tea.
Something I'm grateful for today: beautiful snow. It snowed for most of the day today, and it was so pretty. There are, like, 6 inches of snow on the ground now, and Sawyer and Jack and Tucker had so much fun in the snow this afternoon. I walked a few minutes in the snow, and it felt so good.
Lowlight: I spent way too much time on Instagram. 😒 Bad choices.
Why I love my husband: he's a responsible human, and he gets things done.

No comments:
Post a Comment