Sawyer: "Mom, did you know poop is made out of nuts and root beer?"
Anytime Sawyer refers to something bigger than normal, or something pretty big, he calls it a "big booty." ๐๐ For example, when he is picking out strawberries to eat, he would say, "I want the big booties!"
This doesn't tickle me so much as make me slightly happy and sad. On Camille's christmas wish list, she put "for my siblings to play with me more." ๐ฅน๐ฅน So sweet and sad. That's my Christmas wish, too.
For the past few months, Daniel and I have been talking about the possibility of getting a dog. Brooke is desperate for a dog, and recently Daniel has met a few dogs that he liked and considered that we could get. Anyway, it's been a lot of research about dogs by both Brooke and Daniel. Daniel even has a Google doc about dogs, and he looked into a bunch of different breeders. So, what I find amusing is that Daniel has been praying about if we should get a dog and what kind of dog we dog get, etc. He maintains that it's important to pray about it, because it's a big decision and will change our family a bit. I suppose he's right, and I have definitely prayed about the dog issue. But it still tickles me.
As a side note, we did put a deposit down on a little cockapoo we met a couple of weeks ago. We drove down south of Spanish Fork to where the breeder lives to see the puppies she had avaliable. Most of us gravitated towards a little boy dog, kind of a creamy coloring with a little bit of reddish brown. But we held and cuddled all of the puppies. There were 5, I think. Anyway, Daniel put the deposit down on the dog after we had a special family home evening with the kids where we talked about all the work that was required for having a dog. We asked them specifically if they were willing to put in the work, and the girls were enthusiastic in their desire to take care of a little dog. Jack was grudging in his acceptance to help. ๐ Predictably. I am, admittedly, in accordance with Jack -- grudging, but willing. And I'm nervous about having a puppy. ๐ฌ I keep telling myself it'll be fine and I'll probably end up loving the dog. But that's where I'm currently at.


No comments:
Post a Comment