Yesterday, I volunteered to help for Camille's class Christmas party. It was a combined 4th grade party where they gathered to tie blankets to donate to the children's hospital. I had to go get fabric this week to donate, and Camille spent a couple of days cutting the edges in preparation to tie the blankets. So yesterday, right after school started, Sawyer and I went into the school gym and received instructions. I was simply to walk around the tables and see if any kids needed help, if the fringe needed to be cut a little more, and help them tie a little bit. Mostly I feel like I didn't do much. But it was fun to see Camille and help where I could. At one point a group of kids started singing "Jingle Bells," and it caught on and other kids started joining in. After that, the song they learned in 3rd grade for the Christmas singing program came on (a Christmas song by Enya, one that my kids have been listening to on repeat the past couple of days) and they all started singing with it. It was so sweet and cute, and I loved being there to enjoy their sweetness and spirits. They tied a whole bunch of blankets. I thought it was a really cool idea the 4th grade teachers came up with, such a good way to teach the kids to give to their community.
Last night, after having a Christmas movie night, we gathered for scriptures and prayer, and as we were kneeling, Sawyer announces, "Whoever sits on Dad's lap gets to ask someone to say the prayer!... Jack will you pray?" To which Jack responds, "No, you can't ask people to say the prayer!" (All incensed that Sawyer would even try.) So Sawyer says, "Okay, I'll say the prayer." But all the kids put up a fight about him assigning prayers (as he starts praying). So then Daniel asks, "Who would like to say the prayer?" And I hope I never forget Sawyer's sweet, cute, little, excited voice saying, "MEEE!" And then, of course, he goes ahead and prays.
Camille has started writing notes on our bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker. A few weeks ago, she just wrote a cute little love note for me and Daniel. This week, she wrote this (Daniel wiped it before I could get a picture): "Dear Mom and Dad, I'm sorry I was so snappy tonight. I hope you can forgive me. Love, Camille" and it had a sad crying face next to it.
After she got in a rage over something. I can't even remember what it was. But afterwards, she wrote this note, apologizing for getting so mad and snappy. 😍
No comments:
Post a Comment