Saturday, April 1, 2023

The Month of Being Sick

 March has been the month of being sick. Seriously. At least one person in the family has been sick at a time this whole month. Even before, because Daniel was sick around the time that we went to St George. We've had a variety of cold, a stomach bug, and the flu, and we're just now starting to get over the last lingering coughs. And because we've been sick, we've made and canceled a lot of plans. But here are some of the things we've actually done this month: 

  • TWO bunco nights this month, one at the very beginning and one at the very end (we changed it because spring break is the first week of April). Bunco is always so fun, and such a nice break from mom life and a chance to see friends and catch up. 
  • The girls and I drove up into the mountains for a photoshoot the first Saturday of March. I was supposed to do their photoshoots closer to their birthdays, but we just never got it done. So we decided to go for a snowy photo session this time, up in American Fork canyon, where there was a TON of snow. They dressed in warmer clothes, and we had some fun up there. But it was VERY cold, so we didn't last too long. 
  • Daniel and I had an at-home date night first Saturday of March, making dinner together (Dan's Salsa and a charcuterie board and special drinks) and watching the Matilda musical on Netflix. It was fun! 
  • I had a young women's presidency training meeting at the beginning of the month with the stake. 
  • We took a tour at Mrs Cavanaugh's chocolate factory with Charlee Ruben and her kids one Friday afternoon. It was located in North Salt Lake, so we took a drove up and met them there. It was so fun! They took us around to different places and explained how chocolate is grown, harvested and processed for us to eat, and how they make the chocolates in their own factory. We got samples, and then bought some yummy chocolates at the end before going home. That night, after dinner, we watched the I Love Lucy episode where she goes to work at a chocolate factory. The kids loved it.



  • On Saturday, the 11th, we went to Gramma and Grampa Holbrook's house for Tovin's 2nd birthday. Aunt Emily wanted to throw a party for all the kids in her life (and also the adults) and do things that Tovin would've done if he were here. It was a dinosaur themed party, and the kids played with kinetic sand and toy dinos, played pin the tail on the T Rex, and played outside. It was very fun. 
  • Aleah and her family came to visit us and have dinner with us. It was nice to have them and for my kids to play with their cousins. 
  • I had friends come over and bring their kids to play a few times over the course of the month. 
  • For St Patrick's day, I had planned a sort of festive dinner and movie night with the kids. But in the middle of me making dinner, Lauren Harrison invited a bunch of her neighbors to have a dinner in their cul-de-sac. So we took the dinner I made a a contribution and had dinner with our friends. Then we invited some of Brooke's and Camille's little friends to watch an Irish themed movie together. 
  • The youth were in charge of our ward food drive that our stake was involved in, and so one Saturday, I helped collect food with them around the neighborhood. 
  • I've been doing "Korean Night" with DeAnna and Sarah for the past few months. We're watching "Crash Landing On You" together. We switch off houses and go to whoever doesn't have a husband to watch kids. I've been leaving my kids every now and then for Korean nights, after I get them into bed. Anyway, it's been really fun getting together every week. And we love the show! 
  • I had Kimberly Davis and her kids over for a play date. I've been wanting to be better friends with her, so I'm hoping to do more things with her family. Her little boy, Wes, and Jack played so well together when we were in St George last month. It was adorable. 
  • I went on a birthday date with my friend, Viktoria. She came to Utah for her birthday weekend and wanted to get together with all her friends. We met at Zupas for dinner, and then went to the Hale Center theater to see "Titanic: the musical". It was so good! And so good to see old friends. 
  • The girls and I had haircuts, and I had my hair colored with blondish streaks. It's very fun! 
  • I've been meeting with a group to do a musical number for Easter! I'm one of a trio of women singing "He Is Risen", and it's a beautiful arrangement and so fun to sing in a group.
  • I went to the temple early morning one day to do an endowment session. They have made changes to the
  • The last day of the month, we went to Gramma Holbrook's to hang out with her and her aunts. And later that night, some of Daniel's high school friends came over for a game night. 
So, when aside from being sick a lot this month, we did manage to do quite a lot and have some fun. 

Brooke finished the project she was working on with Kimberly Davis, who has been giving her crochet lessons. This little giraffe rattle is adorable. 

We made volcanos for science one day. Complete with vinegar and baking soda lava!





Jack is in a major dressing-up-for-play phase right now. He has so many costumes and loves dressing for the part he's playing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment