Sunday, April 30, 2023

Stake Leadership Session

  •  To help me focus on what's really important, ask this question: what is the purpose of doing (insert task here)? How does this fit in with doing the work of salvation? 
  • Act swiftly on promptings from the Holy Ghost. As I act on the promptings, they'll come more frequently, because Heavenly Father trusts me more to follow and do what He asks. 
  • I think one of my spiritual gifts is being able to (usually) see the good in people and feeling a portion of Heavenly Father's love for them. Caring for people, without knowing them very well. 
  • Read "The Spirit of Revelation" by Elder Bednar 
  • I've started to realize that when the Spirit is testifying to me about something true, I feel it in my heart, my chest tingles. When the Spirit is telling me to do something, it comes to my brain as a thought. And the thoughts are fairly blunt and strong. 
  • Battle complexity with simplicity
  • It might be time to start addressing LGBTQ+ issues with the youth and how to navigate
  • Look forward to the youth's next step; young married couples leaving the church at an alarming rate; help them to prepare for that time when they're young and married, and help them reconcile the church and leaders with progressive social movements in the world
  • Help them to get centered on Christ -- He is the source of all truth and perfection
  • Inspiration is scattered among us -- this is also true in my own family -- I can counsel with my children and ask them to seek revelation for our family

No comments:

Post a Comment