Sunday, April 2, 2023

General Conference Notes

Elder Gary E Stevenson

  • Start Easter Sunday traditions centered on the Savior; bring Easter closer to the level of Christmas celebration and merriment

Bonnie H Cordon

  • "Never give up an opportunity to testify of Christ"
Elder Gerrit W Gong
  • Invite the Brockbanks over... dinner? Kids game night? 
  • Ministering is more than just a casual asking if they need anything, more than a hello at church; visits in the home are important 
  • Minister as Jesus would -- he ministered to the 1 and to the 99 -- how can I do this? 
  • Ministering isn't just (or doesn't have to be just) to bring people back to church; it can also just be about loving people, being kind, bringing people into your life. The end goal isn't always going to be bringing them to church, or back to church. The end goal can be to love and be inclusive, to ease other people's burdens and help them. 
Elder Quentin L Cook
  • Write to Drew; support and encourage him
  • What am I doing to participate in the gathering of Israel? What more can I do? 
  • Attendance in the temple -- more often; 1 endowment session and 1 initiatories? Print off family names, multiple at a time, so that I'm prepared to do family names every time I go to the temple
Elder Randall K Bennett
  • Study and treasure my Patriarchal blessing 

Elder

  • Sin of complacency steals our joy
  • Focus on the joy of repentance 
  • The Savior experiences great joy when we use the Atonement and repent
Elder Milton da Marco
  • There is no perfect scripture study -- do what works for you
  • Mention of second coming and preparing ourselves to be a ready people 
Elder Juan A Uceda
  • I'm hearing a lot about ministering this conference... perhaps something I should focus on? 
Elder Todd D Christofferson 
  • We are all one body; each member of the body does different things, we don't all have the same role... but we work together to accomplish the same purpose 
  • Work towards unity with others; allow the love of God to help us work together and put aside differences 
Sister Camille N Johnson
  • Christ provides relief from the burdens of living in a fallen world; He provides relief from sin; He provides relief from the actions of others as we learn to forgive
  • Jesus provides relief from the effects of living in a fallen world through us; He allows us to partner with Him in helping those around us, He gives us the opportunity to relieve others, by mourning with this that mourn, by lending a helping hand, by being a friend to others
Elder Ulisses Soares
  • Another talk that mentions ceasing contention and conflict and becoming united -- I feel like the leaders are pushing us to become a Zion people, more united, more prepared for the coming of Jesus
  • Develop these attributes of Christ, and we will be better attuned to people's needs and better able to help them and connect with them
Elder Kazuhiko Yashimata
  • My Patriarchal blessing instructs me to learn my whole life -- find time and new ways to take in knowledge
  • My Patriarchal blessing instructs me to prepare myself to earn a living -- what shall I do about this? When will this be necessary in my life? Do I want to become a fitness instructor at some point and just work a little bit doing that? 🤔 
Elder Neil L Andersen
  • Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ didn't intend to leave us on earth without help; they are eager and anxious to help us through this life, they've provided the Holy Ghost, the prophet, and the gift of the Atonement to help us carry our burdens
President Nelson 
  • Control your anger and your tongue; be kind, give the benefit of the doubt
  • True disciples of Jesus Christ are peacemakers -- best way to commemorate Easter is to become a peacemaker
  • We cannot serve Satan with our verbal assaults, and then think that we are still serving God
  • Examine your discipleship in the context of how you treat others
  • I can change how I treat others; president Nelson wouldn't invite such change if he didn't think it was possible to do so -- I need to be more calm, loving and temperate in my treatment of my children, be less judgemental to others who live differently than me, not always think I have the best and most right way to do things

No comments:

Post a Comment