Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Rest of Birthday Week

 It was a busy week, full of all the fun things we could squeeze in. 

My birthday was absolutely delightful. After a quick shopping trip to get supplies for birthday things (and the weekend), we went home, put the baby down for a nap and I turned on "Calamity Jane" while I made a couple of batches of cookie dough. 

Then. I took my kids to Thanksgiving Point Farm in the afternoon, after Sawyer woke up from his nap. And Sarah dropped off cookie dough truffles for me. ❤ I'm eating them all by myself. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And DeAnna dropped off a bag of Buffalo pretzel bits, which I am also eating all by myself. 🀀🀀 

Daniel came home. We tidied and made dinner. Then we went on a long (probably too long) family bike ride. I ended up with Jack and Sawyer both in the trailer, and it got increasingly hard for my legs to pull that load. We rode to zupas to get birthday dessert, and then went back home to do dinner, dessert and presents. 

Daniel kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday, and I had a really hard time thinking of anything. He got me the only things I ended up thinking of: exercise sliders and a shoe storage box. I now love having a neat and organized closet, now that my shoes are nearly organized. 😍

Friday, I took the girls to get hair cuts in the morning. They finished sooner than I thought they would, so we drove all the way out to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake city to drop off the coloring kits we'd made for Brooke's birthday party. It was time to get them out of my car and where we wanted them to be! It was a long drive, and my kids had to be patient (which they really were). But we did it. 

The lady we talked to, who took the kits from us, told us that they use coloring a lot at the hospital; sometimes when kids are confined in their rooms, or if they are nervous to meet with a doctor. It was cool to hear how they'll use the kits we made. 

When we got back home, we had lunch and the girls had art class. We went to the park later in the afternoon with Mary Beth Christensen, and then we had to get down to cleaning the house, having dinner and baking up 4 batches if different chocolate chip cookies!

The Christensens and Freis came over that night for cookie taste test and "Coco" movie night. It was so fun, the perfect party for my 35th birthday! 



Saturday, we had primary program practice at the church in the morning. 

Then preparation and Camille's birthday party. We had a tie dye party. We invited 9 or 10 girls, and decorated some paper bags (for the in house trick-or-treating we were going to do later 🀷🏽‍♀️ Camille insisted on doing the trick or treating). Then while the bags were drying, we went out to the garage to dye shirts. We gave the girls a miniature lesson about tie-dyeing (not that we know that much about it πŸ˜‚), they tied up their shirts, and they had fun picking their colors and dyeing. When we were all done, we did our trick or treating, opened presents, decorated cake (I cut the cake into quarters, and a group of girls decorated each quarter) and that was it! It was a weird combination of things, but still pretty fun. I think Camille was happy with it. And she got so much stuff from her friends!










That night, after we recovered a bit from the party, Sarah came over and helped me make treats for the primary kids for FOUR HOURS. It took forever. I chose popcorn balls. Never again! It was so time intensive. We still had fun because we were together, but dang. It was a lot of work. 

Our primary program was Sunday, and it went much better than I thought it would. I was very pleased and proud of them. My kids did so well with their lines, too. It was so sweet, and it's always more fun when we're in the middle of it. We had a fun and easy game for singing time during 2nd hour. We all deserved a little fun and break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment