My favorite parts of this week:
- I was cleaning out the cold storage room (again), and I tossed out an empty diaper box into the living room. After continuing to work for a while, I heard some full out laughing. I came out to find Sawyer crawling into the box and just cracking up. It was so cute. He was having the time of his life.
- Getting ready for the next science lesson, I was cutting out some pictures of monkeys and chimpanzees and gorillas. I turned to Camille, showing her a picture of a baby chimpanzee, and said, "Look at this adorable baby chimp. Isn't it cute??" She gave me this funny look, and said, "Ummm, no." And I just laughed.
- Daniel and I had a weekend getaway to the Montage at Deer Valley (on Divvy's dime 😉😂). We got dinner here and drove up Friday night (Gramma Holbrook and aunt Sarah had the kids while we were gone). It was such a wonderful weekend. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights; ate delicious food; worked out in the gym; went swimming and relaxing in the hot tub; went on a long, easy hike in the beautiful mountains; watched the last half of the BYU football game (they lost); played games; relaxed and really enjoyed being together without anything needing to be done. We slept in until we woke up naturally, we did whatever we felt like, and basked in a nothing-to-do weekend. It was glorious. Also, the Montage ... super fancy. 😍😍
![]() |
| Also, this bright, beautiful yellow-orange color in the trees this week might be my new favorite color. I told Daniel I wanted up bottle it up and put it everywhere. 💛 |






No comments:
Post a Comment