Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Camille's Birthday

 Camille: Mom, you know what's good about me humming? 

Mom: what? 

Camille: I can just pick a song and then hum it super great! 

πŸ˜‚


We were having a conversation the other day about chickens. I was calling all my children chickens, and Daniel asked, "are chickens mammals?" which began a conversation with Camille about whether chickens are mammals or not. They concluded that chickens are not mammals, but humans ARE mammals, so children couldn't really be chickens. Then, Camille said, "Well, Brooke was born with chicken legs, so she's not a mammal." Whereupon, I did this: 🀣🀣🀣🀣.

Camille is always saying things that crack us up. She's so funny! She's also very quick to jump to the absolute worst conclusions. I'll say something, and she'll just blow it way out of proportion. Yesterday, she was being difficult about something or other, and I said, "I think you'd be cooperative if you want a nice birthday tomorrow." She immediately threw a fit saying that I told her we were canceling her birthday. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ Stuff like that happens relatively often. 

Camille loves to craft and do art, I think partially because Brooke loves to do those things. A couple of Sundays ago, we watched a video and learned the basics of crocheting, and she made the longest single chain ever, just trying to practice the stitch (after complaining long and loud about not being able to do it). She tends to like doing what Brooke likes to do because she spends so much time with Brooke. I'd actually like to see her take to something on her own. 

I guess she sort of did, when we were in Alaska. The girls went rock climbing with the men, and they said Camille was super good at it. But it's kind of an expensive hobby, so we'll see. 

Camille is our least cautious child. She's not really afraid of things much. But she also has good common sense (for a kid πŸ˜‚). 

Camille like purple and blue. Cool colors, she says. She likes watching TV, but nothing in particular these days. (Honestly, we've been so busy living life lately that we haven't been watching much TV in a while. Today, for Camille's birthday, I let the kids watch something educational. They watched "unlikely animal friends".) 

Camille likes to play "hatchimals" with Brooke in her little doll house. They don't play dolls much in that doll house lately. Camille is developing a love for reading and she loves "princess in black" and "owl diaries" and "narwhal and otter". 

Camille is my snuggler -- she feels best when I'm giving her some love. When we do school every day, I usually get snuggly with her, and she's much more likely to cooperate when I'm scratching her back, or giving her a squeeze, or play with her hair. 

Camille and I have a special kiss, and it goes like this: kiss one cheek (usually she kisses my right cheek first), then the other, then she kisses my chin, nose and forehead (in that order), Eskimo kiss, butterfly kiss, she rubs her chin on the top of my head, I rub my chin on her head, then we rub chins. It's evolved over the past year or 2. I love it. ❤ 

She had a nice birthday I think. Balloons all over the house. Crepes for breakfast. Presents -- a plush owl craft and a new book series by the author of "owl diaries" called "unicorn diaries". Watching TV and playing with her siblings. We went to the craft store to get supplies, and then we came home and did crafts together and with Gramma Holbrook, who came over. And Gramma Fern sent her a 152 set box of crayons! She was in heaven. She wanted a box of 90 crayons, so it was perfect. She said it was "120% of what she wanted". πŸ˜‚πŸ₯° Homemade pizza and snap peas for dinner. Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting with sprinkles for dessert. 

I love this girl, and I can't believe she's 7 already. It simultaneously brings me so much joy and so much sadness to watch them grow up. Camille's picture banner (that I put up for birthdays) is so good, so many adorable pictures of Camille over the past several years. I love looking at it, but it also makes me kind of sad. Those fun, sweet, slow, simple stages are behind me, and a big part of me wishes for them back. 










No comments:

Post a Comment