- Lately Camille has been rolling around like a champ! For the longest time, she could roll from back to belly, but then she couldn't roll back. But for the past couple of week, she has learned to really roll. Not just back and forth, but she can really move across the room rolling. It's amazing to watch her learn and progress. She can generally get to the things that interest her. I put toys all around her, in front of her, on the sides of her, etc.; and she can roll, and even scoot her body up and down to get what she wants. She's started reaching for things and grabbing things to chew on and play with. I think she has even been trying to pull her knees up underneath her; prepping for crawling. :) I love watching her!
- The past couple of days, Camille has adopted this funny little whimper. It's not so much that she's upset; but she does this little whimper all the time, and it sounds like she isn't happy about something.
- I think it's funny how Camille always has a leg in the air; and also how much she kicks her little legs, especially when she's excited about something. She also loves to have something in her mouth. She is always trying to put something in that mouth: a toy, her hands and feet, my fingers, ... anything.
- Brooke actually asked for tomatoes today! She goes back and forth between wanting to eat vegetables and not. And lately, it's been a no veggie phase. But today, she wanted tomatoes for a snack! I don't think she ate too many of what I chopped for her, but still. I call that progress. :)
- Brooke sat down at the piano and started playing and singing, "Jesus loves me everyday!" at the top of her lungs.
- Brooke: "I'm not a person, I'm Brookie!"
- Brooke sees me warming up to workout, asks me if I want the yoga mat, and then proceeds to pull it out of the dresser drawer for me. Sweet girl!
- One day, Brooke was incessantly asking me for fruit snacks, and I kept saying no. I got tired of her asking me, so I told her to go up to her room until she was done asking for fruit snacks. She says, "Okay." all sad, and then walks up the stairs. It pretty much broke my heart.
- Daniel sits down at the dinner table one evening, and Brooke says, "So, how was your day today, Dad?"
- Brooke: "I want to snicker." (I think what she meant was "snitch". :) )
- One Saturday when Daniel was out in the back working in the yard, he invited Brooke to go outside with him while he worked. At one point, she started talking and digging, and Daniel was having a hard time understanding what she was doing. After a bit, he realized she was pretending to dig up a treasure chest, opening it up and finding gold dubloons.
- A few days ago, Camille was so attentive when I was doing finger play with her and doing our sign routine. Most of the time, she is a little distracted and I can't keep her attention for very long doing these activities. But this one day, she was watching me so intently. It was adorable.
- This one is hard for me to describe. One day, while Brooke was napping, I was hanging out with Camille. I picked her up and held her close to me, and she looked out our bedroom windows to watch the cars going by. She just looked so beautiful and sweet, looking out the window. I wish I had a picture of her face that day. I was so happy and so sad all at once, enjoying the moment, but realizing how fast she is going to grow up. I wish she could stay a sweet, cute, fun baby forever. But I also know it will be so fun and rewarding to watch her grow and learn.
- Brooke loves "Jake and the Neverland Pirates", as we well know. She's learned parts of the theme song, and she often sings it at the top of her lungs, especially that last word: "Jake and the Neverland Pirates ... and NEEEEE!" (which is really supposed to be "ME").
Thursday, June 4, 2015
My Girls Are Growing Up So Fast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment