So. How have I been spending my time lately?
Well, I take care of delicious cherubs. That's my favorite part of life. I love sitting and watching them. They're so beautiful and sweet and smart and precious, and I can't seem to get enough of them. I have even caught myself over the past couple of weeks missing them after they go to bed for the night. Camille has started really sleeping through the night, meaning she hasn't been waking up at all after we put her down. She's gotten pretty good at the whole sleep thing. Now, if we could just get her on a good schedule ... . I digress. It's interesting, because quite often, since Camille was born and since she started sleeping a bit better at nights (so for a few months now, at least), I catch myself thinking about her at night, after she's in bed, and I get this weird feeling. I used to think that it was a feeling of foreboding, and I would worry myself into tears, sometimes. But then, one day fairly recently, I realized that I was probably just ... missing her. It struck me as funny. Why had I worried so much? And why hadn't I realized sooner that I simply love my baby (perhaps a little too much? that's an entirely different matter) and was kind of missing being with her? Silly Mamma.
I feel a bit of a different connection with Camille; deeper, I think, than what I have with Brooke. I hesitate to write that, and I resisted that thought for a while, because I'm not even sure if it's really true. But I do feel a strong, strong connection with Camille that is somehow different than what I have with Brooke. It may be that I love my babies when they are ... babies. Or it could be that Brooke is kind of going through one of those hard to handle phases (that is not to say, of course, that Brooke is really that hard to handle. She is the best little girl in the world. She just has her moments. And ... don't we all?). Or maybe it really is that, for some reason, Camille and I are closer. We're more alike? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I mean, she is still only a little, tiny baby. Things certainly change over time, don't they?
The main thing that I love so much about Camille is how happy she is. She is so quick to smile, showing those oh, so cute dimples. She makes me feel so good, because she is generally really happy to see me. And that does make a Mamma feel good! She's so easy-going. Sometimes, I'll get her up from her nap and put her in the loft with Brooke to play, and a little while later, I think to myself, "Did I ... feed the baby?" She hardly ever fusses and cries, so it's hard to remember that she has needs, too. Isn't that funny?
She started on solid foods about a month ago, and, after a rocky start for a few days, she decided she really likes to eat solid food. I mix her veggies in with her cereal, and she's doing pretty well with that. She also loves bananas, just like her big sister. And the other day, while I was making dinner, I sat her in her highchair and gave her a tortilla to gnaw on. Although, I am not so sure how she felt about that one.
*Butterfly sticker in her hair ... I wonder how it got there ... *
*Not so sure about solid food*
Also, she started doing a little army crawling while we were in Medford (like about the 21st of May?). And now she's a champ at getting around and moving her little self. Pretty soon, I'm sure, she'll be crawling around on hands and knees. Sometimes she pulls her knees under her body and starts rocking. It's coming!
Brooke continues to be her cute, sweet self. She's normally so obedient and helpful. She really loves playing in the loft with her little sister, even though Camille can't do much with her. And I've been making a real effort to spend more time playing with them. Brooke's imagination is taking off, and she really likes to interact when we play now. It's really fun. And also tiring sometimes. In the last couple of weeks, or so, she's been getting a little naughty, too. She does things that I've asked her not to do, and I can tell that she knows she's doing wrong. She watches me for my reaction to whatever she's doing, and to see if she's going to get in trouble. The other day, she drew on the walls with crayons (which I have yet to try and clean off). It was a long time out she got for that one. And when she was done, I kept her in her crib while we went through drills: "Do we draw on the walls?" "Yes." "No. We do not draw on the walls. Do we draw on the walls?" "Yes." "No, we do not draw on the walls. Do we draw on the walls?" "NO!" "That's right. We don't draw on the walls. Do we draw in the books?" Etc., Etc., Etc. Hopefully that worked.
Aside from my girls, I finally this week got back into housekeeping mode. I was off for a little bit, busy with things, our trip to Medford and relaxing a bit. But now I'm back! BOOM, BABY! Also, I started training for my half marathon. That means that I still walk a little bit when I go on my runs. But I get stronger everyday. And I'm still intermixing my runs with other workouts, so I'm enjoying myself. Now, if I could get my eating under control again ... . I've been trying to read more and watch tv less, too. I'm currently reading Tarzan of the Apes, which I'm really enjoying. I've made it a goal for June to read 2 books. We'll see how it goes. I don't have a super-lot of time to read. Daniel and I have been watching movies together over the past weeks. Some that we've been wanting to see, and it's been nice to relax a bit together. We like each other, and all that.
Well, I better go see what my family is up to. And it's probably about time to start on some dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment