Sunday, June 7, 2015

Disneyland Part II/Medford

It's hard to believe that the year is nearly half over already! Where does the time go? Honestly!

I've been completely remiss. Writing in my journal has been hard to do for some reason. I'm busy enough ... but not that busy. Honestly!

So. Here's a bit of a catch up:

May became kind of an unexpected month filled with fun and family. Daniel took me and the girls to Disneyland once, just us. And then we went to Disneyland one time more with Bekah and Chris and Gramma Holbrook when they came. They went for 5 full days and stayed in a hotel near Disneyland, but we just went up for one of the days they were there. We had a grand old time with them! Especially Brooke. She LOVED playing with her cousins, and she and Brooklyn seemed to get on especially well. It was really fun to watch them and oh, so cute. It seemed really busy on the day we went with them; more so than the day we went by ourselves. But I'd checked the weather, and it was supposed to rain that day. I was hoping the rain would drive people out of the park. Well, it did rain. A lot, and hard. I was surprised. I was expecting a little sprinkling for maybe a short time. But no. We got really wet, and we were not fully prepared. But ... it did drive some of the crowd out of the park. And it was still a really fun day. Camille did better with missing sleep this time around, so I think she had a better time (which meant I had a better time, too). We stayed until closing, pretty late into the night and had a blast.










Daniel had a job interview in Medford with a firm called Moss Adams towards the end of May. He didn't want his coworkers and bosses to know about it, or to know that he is, again, looking for employment elsewhere. We devised a plan to conceal the real purpose of his going. He took all of us to Medford with him, for a "visit with the family". I mean, obviously, we did go to visit the family. But the trip was dual-purposed.

We left after he was done with work on Tuesday, May 19th, and stopped for the night at David and Kira's house. They were good enough to let us crash there for a quick stop before we drove the rest of the way on Wednesday. It was a hard drive, especially for Camille. She got tired quickly of spending so much time in her car seat, and though she did nap often, for short periods of time, she was still sleep deprived. And likely bored. But we made it alright.

It was a short trip to see the family. Daniel's interview went very well; they offered him a job the same afternoon that he interviewed with them. It was all very exciting. All the family was getting excited about the possibility of us moving to Medford. And I must confess, I was getting my hopes up a little bit too. At the same time, though, even while we were still there, it didn't feel right, the idea of us moving to Medford. I couldn't place a finger on it, but I just knew it wasn't right.

Daniel didn't take the job. He called just a few days ago to turn it down. And I was sad.

We did have some good fun with the family, though. Dad took a couple of days off while we were there to hang out with us. We played games, ate good food, the girls (mom, Diane, Mary) and I went on a little Girls Only Date (shopping, lunch, and whatnot), we watched movies and just spent some good time together. Brooke loved playing the Grampa and Uncle Scott. She really had a ball getting all that attention and playtime with someone other than ... well, me. Mom even planned for one night to roast hotdogs and marshmallows out at their firepit for Brooke. That was a fun night too. We all dreamed about how awesome it would be for us to move there and be so close. Maybe someday it'll happen. :)


* Camille and Owen playing together. Cute little cousins!*


*Our 6th anniversary happened while we were in Medford. We took advantage of some great, free babysitting to do a fun anniversary date. We did a little shopping beforehand. Daniel hadn't bought me an anniversary gift, and we were on the hunt for something good. Which we never did find ... . Then we drove out to Jacksonville for dinner at a fun Thai restaurant, which, of course, I loved, loved, loved! We walked around Jacksonville for a while after dinner, looking at all of the old buildings and stopping to read the plaques telling about the history of Jacksonville. And we topped it all off with a drive outside of town to a secluded spot for a little stargazing. It was the perfect evening!*

On the way home from Medford, we stopped halfway through the drive at Michael and Michelle's house. It's so nice that we have people all along the way, that we can stop and visit and break up that long drive! We had a nice time visiting with them, and the girls did surprisingly well with sleeping there (unlike at David and Kira's; it's always changing with those girls; you never know what to expect as far as sleeping goes).

The last week of May was uneventful. But, that's just the way I like it. :) Especially after long trips like we had. It was a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment