Friday, January 1, 2010

 January 1, 2010

Friday

Can you believe it’s 2010?? Last year was a wonderful year, so many great things happened. I have a feeling this year will be like that. I’m graduating in 2010, so I know at least one exciting thing will happen for sure.

Just this last week Daniel and I did some fun things with my family before coming back to Utah: made ginger bread houses, played Shadows Over Camelot with Scott, played Ticket to Ride with mom and Scott; I went to a movie with mom and Diane on Wednesday (December 30), The Blind Side, which was AMAZING!; Dan went to do archery with Scott again on Monday; Dan and I went to Ashland and walked around, and bought some Christmas decorations. We had a good time this break! It was fun to have Christmas with family and Daniel all at once! We read a lot of Harry Potter; finished the 6th book, and started the 7th.

Then on New Year’s Eve, we packed up, picked Brianna up, and drove back to Utah. The weather was not great, the roads were icy, and it started snowing in one part, so it took us 16 hours to drive back. We got to Daniel’s parents house just after midnight, bringing in the New Year in the car (lame!), and we stopped for a little break and to see his family. So by the time we actually rolled into Provo, it was around 2 o’clock in the morning. We were exhausted.

We spent most of today just relaxing and unpacking and cleaning up. I already miss my family. Diane and Mary are lame and don’t do things with me anymore. That makes me sad/bitter.

Another year gone. Such great things happened in 2009: I went to school, I got married, Dan and I went to Mexico, I lived in CA near Julie, I saw my family a lot more than usual, I got closer to the Holbrooks (who I love so dearly, all of them), Dan and I have a wonderful marriage thus far, and I started my last year of college. More exciting things are bound to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment