I woke up today with a song from one of the Tinker Bells movies in my head, and it made me indescribably sad. It made me remember the good times when my little girls were tiny and into watching Tinker Bell movies. I cried for the first quarter of my walk this morning, like 15 minutes, and felt better after that, but more determined to enjoy my kids in every stage.
We had a Tucker and Sammy play date today. I drove the kids and the dog down to a dog park near Emily's apartment to hang out with them. They did really well together, even after we went back to Emily's apartment to see how Sammy would react to having Tucker in her space. It was pretty fun, watching the dogs interact and hanging out with Emily.
We started and finished painting the girls bookshelf this week and got it back in their room. And also put up the wall art, finally. Their room is looking so cute... when it's cleaned up, haha. And Brooke has more ideas about making it look nicer, which we'll probably do in coming months. I'm coming along slowly but surely with all my summer projects! It's exciting and feels good. I hope I'll be all done with them by the time I start school with the kids, because at that point, I'll have no extra time for stuff like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment