Honestly, there isn't much to write about the Holbrook Family Reunion. We went to the pool every day. Sawyer was always so anxious to go and threw fits whenever we didn't go right when he wanted. He enjoyed testing his new swimming skills and practicing swimming across lengths of the pool. Jack also really loved going to the pool. The girls enjoyed playing and hanging out with their cousins and Aunts. Jennie had agreed with a bunch of the girls that they would make bracelets and exchange them at the Family Reunion, and it was a big thing for this reunion. One afternoon the girls all got together with their cousins and aunts with all their respective bracelets supplies and made bracelets together.
We had dinners together, we went to the kids activity center, we drove out to Cascade Springs for a hike. Cascade Springs was so pretty, and so unique.
On Friday we had our lake day. It was one of the best lake days we have ever had. The beach was perfect, not too muddy. And everyone played happily, and the water was cold, but not so cold that we couldn't swim. We had dinner there and just had a good time together.
Daniel worked part of the time while we were there. But he did get to go on bike rides in the morning and came swimming with us a few times. The kids were bummed that he had to work, but he got to spend some of it with us. And that's better than what I thought it would be.
Daniel and I had walks almost every night after putting the kids to bed. We just walked around outside of the resort, but it was nice to spend that time together. We also went on an 8-mile hike together one morning. It was so fun. It was cool and overcast, and we started hiking just outside the resort. We hiked much longer than I thought we would. Daniel's been sort of training himself to hike a bunch of peaks this year, and he wanted to do a longish hike to prepare. It was beautiful up there in the mountains, so pretty. We talked a lot, and kept on hiking. On the way back down, we ran a portion, on and off, of the trail. It felt good to just run.
The next morning, Daniel took me for a bike ride. I was certainly not much in the mood. He took me on a pretty simple loop, but I got really frustrated about the curves in the downhill. We took another loop, because I felt like I should -- to get in more practice. The second loop was a better run. Daniel taught me some good skills. I just wish I was in better shape for biking up mountains, and also that I had more skills. All in good time, I suppose.
We had a great reunion! Most people left by the end of Friday, but we stayed until Saturday evening, going to the pool one more time, playing games at the Kids Center, going on the gondola, and going to a fun candy and soda shop and taste testing a bunch of candy and root beers. It was a nice family day we spent together, and with Dad and Jennie.








No comments:
Post a Comment