My day has been full today: deep cleaning and dejunking my bathroom, lunch with DeAnna, visiting a couple women in my ward, having dinner with my kids, and self reliance meeting tonight. I'm all peopled out at this point.
But I wanted to tell another favorite thing about yesterday. A little story about Jack:
Last night was like most -- after dinner, getting chores done and kids to bed. I normally like to go through pictures and write in my journal for a few minutes to wind down. Well, at one point, Daniel was reading to Brooke, all the other kids were in bed, and I had done my usual wind down. And I decided that I'd play the piano for a few minutes before Daniel and I went on a mini date to swig. I'm trying to be better about playing the piano every day, but I'm not there yet. Really, I'm not even close to that. But I did get to sit down and play last night.
I started with some boring finger exercises, and then started into some Spanish dances. After I was part way through the second one, I saw Jack coming down the stairs from his room out of the corner of my eye. He said, "Mom, I want to tell you something." So, I stopped playing to listen.
He said, "Well, I was in my bed, feeling kind of scared and sad. And so I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father for help to feel better. And right after I said my prayer, you started playing the piano, and it helped me to feel better!" (And I'm sitting on the piano bench, just beaming at him with tears in my eyes) "I think Jesus sent you to play the piano to help me feel better!"
My sweet little boy. I feel so fortunate to have him, and so fortunate that I could be a part of this story to help him feel better last night. And that the Spirit whispered to me that I had time to play the piano. And that Heavenly Father showed both me and my child such compassion and love last night in this instance.
No comments:
Post a Comment