We started the weekend of strong with Swig. 😆 On the way home from the airport. We had the sisters and Scottie and Beckett and Drew staying with us the whole weekend. We were a packed house! Mom stayed here half the time and at Scott's the other half.
Thursday, after the kids went to school, while Scottie and Sawyer played, Julie and I did a lower body workout together, which was way more fun than doing it by myself. We went on a fun food outing after that, to onoh's, this malasada place that Julie wanted to try. The malasadas with filling and glazes were actually only okay... but the pork sandwich made on the malasada was delish!
That might we had the brothers and their families over for dinner. It was pure chaos, and we enjoyed Linda's chix for dinner. There was so much going on, I did actually feel a little stressed... but it was okay. It was nice to be all gathered together.
Friday was the big day of the girls trip. We mostly had a slow, nothing day. My kids were home from school, and they just hung out together and with Scottie. Julie and I worked out again. And then we just sat around and chatted. The kids did put a little scavenger hunt/ escape room/ spa together for us, which was so cute.
But then, in the late afternoon, we drove to Salt Lake City for a fun girls night. We started our night at a burger joint for dinner, which was delicious. We got too many fries and onion rings and brought a few boxes home. Then we went to see Disney on Ice at the Delta Center. It was absolutely fun and delightful. Disney knows how to put on a good show. We all loved it! On the way home, we rocked out to this punk rock Disney album. They took popular Disney songs, and had rock bands redo them, and most of them are so good! It was fun listening to it the way home!
Saturday was another slow day. It is, when there is a baby in the picture. Speaking of which, Beckett is such a cute and sweet baby, and I'm so glad I got over being sick early enough to be able to snuggle him! It was so fun holding him!
We went to dinner at a Korean barbecue place in Orem with the brothers and Sammy. Basically all the adults plus Beckett. 😆 It was so good, and I are so much, but surprisingly, did not feel overly full. Not at any point! I ate way more than Daniel and Julie, but definitely not as much as Drew. 😂 We went to a fun Asian market afterwards and took some snacks over to Brian and Sammy's house to do some tasting of Asian sweets. It was a fun last date night.
I was exhausted after a few nights of staying up too late, and also getting better from being sick, so I didn't stay up super late that night.
The family left the next morning. I took them to the airport with Drew. He was an absolute mess saying goodbye to his mom. And I was an absolute mess later, while we were at church, sobbing about them leaving, about being left out all the time, and about missing Jack's talk in primary (I probably cried mostly about that). But other than that rough ending, it was such a fun weekend.








No comments:
Post a Comment