Thursday I had a couple of big mom fails:
Sawyer fell down the stairs. I was putting his clothes away and I heard him going into the hall. He's had a couple of close calls recently; he crawls to the top of the stairs and we get him just before he topples down. But this time, I was very close to finishing what I was doing, and I heard him tumble down just as I was done. I felt terrible, and watched him closely to make sure nothing was really wrong. (Nothing seemed to be)
I missed both girls parent teacher conferences. 🤦🏽♀️ Brooke's was on Wednesday, and I didn't even know about it until it was already over. And when I realized that, I quick made an appointment with Camille's teacher for Thursday. But my friend Mary came over with her kids to hang out (my friend from high school, we haven't seen each other since Daniel and I got married); and, even though they left in plenty of time, I completely forgot. My mind wasn't even in that place.
It's been a week of mom fails. Next week will be better.
On the bright side, yesterday was much better. I got all my morning routine done before I took Jack to preschool at 930am, which felt amazing. I did all the floors (sweeping, mopping and vacuuming) in the basement and ground floor, which felt amazing. The whole house (except certain bedrooms) was clean and tidy for a whole hour! We had a bunch of kids over for play dates, and then the girls and Daniel and I had a movie night and watched "Annie". No mom fails. Good day. I'm glad the week ended well. It did not start well.

No comments:
Post a Comment