Monday, February 8, 2021

 Jack: Mom, when you die, I want to get a new mom that lets me and Brooke and Camille have 2 fruit snacks a day. 

Me: you want me to die?! (Also laughing hysterically)

Jack: yea, I want a new mom. 

Me, totally offended and also laughing so hard I can't breathe.

We had preschool at our house today, and it was so fun! We did valentine's type activities: made pink play dough, did a painted valentine for their moms, read valentines books. I loved every second! This is such a great preschool group, the kids are so fun and they all get along. 

Today I'm grateful for Sawyer having a good day. He had a couple of okay naps, but he was still cheerful and cute. He's very vocal these days, making so much noise and enjoying his little voice. It makes me laugh. ❤

Also feeling grateful that I had a good day. The house was a mess, but I was in a good mood. I ignored the mess and any negative feelings I would associate with it, and soaked in my cute children and what they were doing. Camille and Jack were best buddies today, playing with the pink play dough and with the bean bin (sensory bin). They played so well and kept saying they were "best buddies". Brooke made chocolate chip cookies and made a couple of funny mistakes (salt instead of sugar). She had to start over... a couple of times. 🤣 And Sawyer just wanted to eat. I love them. 

Jack took a nap with me this afternoon. I said I was sleepy and asked if he wanted to lay down with me when he came into my room. He brought his blanket and laid down in my bed with me. I closed my eyes and peeked on him occasionally, and his eyes were almost always closed. Eventually, he fell asleep. And so did I. 🥰

No comments:

Post a Comment