- On the way to Zion, Sawyer was singing the alphabet song (which he hasn't learned properly yet, and I love it), and he basically did it all correctly, except he left out the letter J. Camille pointed it out to him, to which Sawyer responded, "I don't like J!" 😂
- Also on the way to Zion, Sawyer was counting. He counted up to 100 (missing many numbers along the way): "60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 90! 91, 92, 93 ... 98, 99, 100!" And then he counted through correctly to 109, then, "1,000!!" Then through 1,009, and then, "Infinity!!!!" 😂
- Last week, in our spring cleaning and dejunking, we went through the toys and workout gear. I told Camille it was time to go through her doll box, and she said, "I think I'm done with dolls. We can give the doll stuff and house away." I think my heart shattered in that moment. Watching my kids grow up is simultaneously heart wrenching and delightful. But this one actually hurt. It's the end of an era. My girls spent hours and hours playing dolls and creating so many cool things for their dolls and the house. It was an actual delight watching them create and play. I'm so sad that those days are over. I tried to play it off, and just go along with it and be understanding and supportive. But I was dying inside. Camille went through and put things she wanted to keep into a bag, and the rest with the dollhouse we are letting Brian's girls use.
- It's no secret. I've had a bad attitude about my calling, a bit lately. And how busy it makes me sometimes. Well, a few weeks ago, I felt like I should go visit a woman in my ward, Logan Knight. She had a baby at the beginning of the year, and I had assigned someone to go visit her, but felt like I should visit her too. So I did. We had a nice visit. And I just felt like that was the end of it. But then some weeks later, when she was teaching a lesson in Relief Society, she talked about how much it meant to her to have a visit from me, how it helped her feel better and that it was just what she needed, even though she wasn't aware that she even needed it. It was a lesson to me in how the Spirit works. I followed a thought that I wasn't even sure was important, wasn't even sure it was the Holy Ghost at all. But apparently it was an impression. And it meant a lot to Logan. It's important to follow even the slightest impressions.
Tuesday, April 8, 2025
Random thoughts and happenings:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment