Delightful Things Lately
- Last week, we had Jack's baptism interview with Bishop Kimball. He was adorable the whole time, but I found it especially adorable that he was holding my hand he entire time. I was sitting next to him, and when we first sat down, he grabbed my hand. There were a couple of times when we had to drop our hands holding, for one reason or another. But Jack always reached for my hand to hold it again. My heart pretty much exploded. ðŸ˜ðŸ¥°
- Camille was talking to Daniel and myself one day about school testing, which is happening right now since it's the end of the school year, and she was saying how she wanted all 4s in her scores, but she got a few 3s here and there. I was trying to make her feel better about it, and I said something like, "Well, you know, 3s are still pretty great." And Camille's response was, "4's are better!" 😂
- Brooke got student of the month for April! I had no idea. They didn't send an email or anything. She just got in the car one day after school with a certificate and said, "I'm student of the month!" I'm so proud of her hard work in school and how she has behaved and handled herself in school. She's such a good girl.
- We dyed Easter eggs, and had a great time doing so. I hard-boiled only half of the eggs I got, because we don't love eating hard-boiled eggs. It was a bit of an experiment, to see if we could without huge messes. And actually, I feel it was quite successful. The kids were pretty careful with all the eggs. We even experimented with dyeing brown eggs I had leftover, which turned out absolutely beautiful. We will definitely be dyeing more brown eggs in the future. Brooke and Camille did the cutest Jesus inspired eggs. I love how focused on Jesus they are all the time; the little stop motion videos they've made, and other art projects centered on Jesus and the gospel. It warms my heart. I was definitely not like that at their age. This next generation of kids are special.

- Mom bought the girls Easter dresses this year, just because she wanted to. And the girls love the dresses she bought. They liked adorable in them. But Brooke's dress had sleeves that weren't quite sleeves, and showed quite a lot of underarm. As a result, on Saturday night before Easter, she asked me to teach her how to shave her underarms. 😂 I told her last summer that whenever she wanted to learn how to shave, I would teach her. I didn't want to push her into doing it if she didn't want to (and I'm also a big fan of preserving my kids childhood as long as possible), but I also didn't want her to be embarrassed when all the girls and women around her didn't have hair in their armpits. So, I had her get into her swimsuit and into my shower, I taught her and demonstrated for her how to shave, and then had her her try it. It was comical, because of the nature of what I was doing. But also kind of sweet and sad. My little girl is growing up so fast. She's still a kid in so many ways. But she's maturing too, and I'm so happy and pleased with who she is and who she is becoming.
- Our Easter was low key. We had mom and dad visiting and staying with us all week until Friday early morning. We had a birthday celebration for dad on his birthday, and then I took him out for lunch the day after. We had our Easter baskets and egg hunt on Saturday, and then mom and dad Holbrook came over for dinner Easter Sunday. It was lovely and quiet, but just what I needed, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment