Jack turned 8 yesterday! I can't believe my little boy is 8. (I say that every birthday for every kid... my kids are just growing up too fast) His birthday was pretty low-key. I sent him with store bought cookies to share with his class at school.
I made a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. He wanted it decorated with rocks and a jeep driving on the rocks. Funny boy. And we had burgers for dinner, and we invited Grampa Holbrook for dinner and ate out on the deck. It was lovely. Jack's big request for a gift was a nerf shotgun, which we got him. And he was so excited about it.
- He still likes to dress up when he's playing pretend. I love seeing him come down the stairs from his room in a police uniform, or a swat vest, or dressed as a construction worker. He'll be a handy man, or an ac maintenance guy, or a park ranger. It's the cutest thing ever. I will never stop loving it, and it'll be a tragic day when he stops doing it altogether.
- He is becoming quite a good reader. I love to hear him when we're reading scriptures or other things together. But he does this funny thing where he will keep reading while he takes a breath, so he'll cut out parts of words, or entire words or phrases while he breathes in. It's so funny. Sometimes I have to stop him and ask him to do a part over.
- He is a Lego maniac. He loves getting these Build It! books from the library that show step by step instructions on how to make all kinds of things, from animals to vehicles of every kind to buildings. He and Sawyer will spend hours just building together, either straight from their imaginations or with help from instructions. It's adorable. They're way better at it than me. I just build boring things, I wouldn't even know where to start when trying to build, say, a food truck.
- He has stopped asking for TV so much like he used to. Maybe it's just because he's in school for so many hours, and then he wants to just chill and play with his stuff afterwards. But he's been less interested. Not that he still doesn't love to sit down and watch if something is playing. But I think, in general, he has better things to do.
- He's a sweet little boy. Sometimes he'll come bug me about being bored and want me to find something to entertain him. But he's becoming so helpful and kind and sincere. I am really starting to like him as a person, not just love him as my child. That came out a little wonky, but I hope anyone reading this will not willfully misunderstand me and be offended. 😂😂 Of course my children are amazing little people, but they all go through phases that are difficult for their mother and difficult to love. I'm just trying to say, Jack is turning into a fun, sweet, cool little kid that I like to be with.
- He has the cutest face and the cutest smile. I love staring at his adorable face. And I love the color of his eyes. Sweet, handsome boy.
- He asks me for a question every time I put him to bed. This means that before leaving him for the night, I have to ask him a question. Basically any kind of question. It could be about his day, about himself, or what he thinks about something, or what he's looking forward to. Sometimes I roll my eyes at him asking for a question (which I should now stop doing), but sometimes we have cool, short talks.
I'm obsessed with my Jacky Boy. I think he's a wonderful kid, and I'm so glad he's mine. ❤️



No comments:
Post a Comment