Friday, August 2, 2024

Summertime

 The rest of our summer has been going by in a haze! What with having people in our house so much the past few weeks and doing all kinds of fun summery things, we've been busy! Also, with the prospect of putting my kids in school in another month, I've been feeling pressure (that I put on myself, of course) to do as many cool things with my kids as possible. 

  • We went to the Thanksgiving Point gardens with the Freis for the summer discovery event. There were a bunch of animals set up around the gardens: dinos and big bugs and other prehistoric creatures. And the kids did a scavenger hunt to look for specific things. We had a good time.


  • We went to see some summer kids movies in the theater: Kung Fu Panda and Migration
  • We went to get a million books at the library before they closed it. They're redoing the whole Lehi City Center, so that area is now under construction and they're moving the library somewhere else in a the next week or so. 
  • We went on a picnic to the splash pad in Orem with DeAnna and Sarah and their kids.
  • We went to the Lego exhibit at BYU. It was very cool! There were temples and church history buildings all made from Lego, a few wall hangings of Christ made from Lego, and a mural on the wall with bricks for people to add their own things. The kids loved it!




  • I took Camille on a Mommy Date to the Hutchings Museum in downtown Lehi by the Legacy Center. It was a pretty cool museum, and we had a good time. They had this scavenger hunt for people to participate in and it was pretty fun to do together and look for all the things.

  • We had dinner at Michael's house when some of Daniel's cousins were in town from back East. 
  • We went to Melanie's house for a Dr. Seuss Day, which was pretty fun. We read books and did activities to go with the books. And Mel and Scott pulled out their cotton candy machine so the kids could make their own "truffela trees". We ended it all by watching the Lorax.
  • I took the kids and Claire and Becca down to Spanish Fork to the splash pad so I could meet up with my friend, Viktoria. We ended up going to her sister's house to play in her pool instead because the splash pad was not working that afternoon. It was so nice to see her.
  • We took a drive out to see Emily and Sammy. The kids were so excited to see Sammy, and we think Sammy was pretty excited to see us as well. She even thought she was coming home with us when we were leaving. She followed us to our car!
  • I went on a hike with my friends early one morning. We hiked to the top of the ridge just after the sun rose and it was so beautiful up there. I love being in the mountains.

  • We had Scott and Brian's families over for brunch while Mom and Dad were here. We just did waffles and fruit and a meat and cheese platter and things. And then that evening, we went to Melanie's house for a mocktail party. (no kids allowed, so we left the kids with Brooke in charge)
  • Sarah and I did a musical number in Sacrament meeting. We played a piano duet arrangement of I Believe in Christ that was really lovely. It went well! And it was so fun to practice with her in the weeks leading up to it.
  • I took the kids on a hike with a bunch of our friends. We did a semi-strenuous hike that the boys (mostly Sawyer) complained about on the way up. But it ended at this lovely little lake nestled in the hills. There were a bunch of ducks and geese on the lake, and a bunch of little babies. So cute! Brooke loved trying to feed the geese. 





  • We went to the pool a handful of times, by ourselves and also with friends.
  • Daniel and I took Sawyer on a mommy and daddy date to the dino museum and swig. I think Sawyer loved getting that special time with us, and it was nice to only have the one kid to focus on. 
  • I took the kids to the farm to walk around and see the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment