Me: Where's dad?
Sawyer: Anywhere.
The week after Easter was our spring break. School has been tough on me lately, so spring break was much needed... couldn't come fast enough. And, of course, it flew by. I made a gigantic list of things I need to do, and I worked on that list nearly every day. We did do some fun things: movie days, playing with friends, going to the park a couple of times with friends (and meeting up with Aunt Michelle once), mommy time, etc. But mostly the kids just played, we hung around at home, and I tried to get things done. I did not finish my to-do list by the time the week ended, but I was glad to at least get some of it done.
It was so nice to have a week when nothing was going on. All activities were canceled, we didn't do school, and even though I had a list to get through, it felt nice not to have all of those actual commitments. I need more of that in my life, haha.
General conference came at the end of that week. It was wonderful. We got together at Sammy and Brian's house on Sunday morning for breakfast and watching conference.
I didn't hear we much as I would have wished. Sawyer was really disruptive this time, more than he has been before. But the girls listened more than usual. They were very interested in being there the whole time, and I bought them some new jewel paintings to do while they listened and that definitely helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment